Brexit.

daygo

Haven't posted anything from brexit for awhile simply because all there's been is infighting among politicians and the eu, I'm convinced that the eu doesn't want Britain to leave and many politicians are making it hard for a Decent brexit to happen because they want to stay in the eu. Question of borders with Ireland as well that's delaying things, MPs like Vince cable, Tony Blair don't help, then there's the Labour party with Jeremy Corbyn. It all makes for a mish mash, still the date is March 19th kind think is the day for us to leave the eu, hoping it'll happen but will know more and will post when the time I is near and there's something concrete to put in.

Joe B

There is no doubt in my mind that the EU is desparate to make the UK leaving as difficult and as expensive as possible for the simple reason that they believe they must send a message to all other members that they really shouldn't follow suit! Politics, I so hate it, I think they justify it with the those silly words, 'for the greater good' Hmmm.

daygo

Theresa May has been out and basically said nothing, there's all sorts of talk from an other referendum to decide what brexit people want, for UK to stay in customs union or even to stay in eu, its madness at moment, reporters are waiting outside no. 10 to ask any cabinet minister for their view. Will update tomorrow stay tuned it could get what's the word messy.

TheRedeemed

Quite an astonishing day here today in UK.

Ministerial resignations, open rebellion by the Tory Party members, letters of 'no confidence' in Theresa May and her 'deal'.

All of this and the deal has yet to be put before the house, where it will undoubtedly be roundly, and soundly rejected, causing a possible vote of 'no confidence' in the current government.

This could all get a whole lot messier than even some of the political pundits were predicting.

The final outcome is pointing to a complete exit from EU without any deal in place and UK will go it's own way, which was actually what the voters thought they were voting for in the first place in June 2016.

In between all of this we could witness an internal leadership contest against PM May, or even, should a vote of confidence happen, a general election to form a completely new government.

This is all fast moving and even as I type this, the vice party chairman of the Tory Party has just resigned too.

However it all pans out from now, it looks like PM May is finished and will not be PM by the leave date of 29 March 2019.

Almost Heaven

Quite an astonishing day here today in UK.

Ministerial resignations, open rebellion by the Tory Party members, letters of 'no confidence' in Theresa May and her 'deal'.

All of this and the deal has yet to be put before the house, where it will undoubtedly be roundly, and soundly rejected, causing a possible vote of 'no confidence' in the current government.

This could all get a whole lot messier than even some of the political pundits were predicting.

The final outcome is pointing to a complete exit from EU without any deal in place and UK will go it's own way, which was actually what the voters thought they were voting for in the first place in June 2016.

In between all of this we could witness an internal leadership contest against PM May, or even, should a vote of confidence happen, a general election to form a completely new government.

This is all fast moving and even as I type this, the vice party chairman of the Tory Party has just resigned too.

However it all pans out from now, it looks like PM May is finished and will not be PM by the leave date of 29 March 2019.
Thank you for the update and the explanation, I have a very limited knowledge of the working of your government and I appreciate hearing from people rather than someone posting a news article.

so-blessed

Whilst DH and I voted leave, we were stunned by the result and since that day it does seem that incompetents on both sides have made a simple job hard. Back in the days before the UK joined the common market - pre 1975 I think, my father travelled on many business trips abroad and had no problem, particularly on his frequent trips to Brussels and Frankfurt, getting in or out of any country. We were starting to see many more foreign products in the shops than ever before and we were easily able to do plenty of business with the rest of Europe. I would have thought it should be easy to revert back to that as everything was in place. I do believe this is just ungodly governments making a hash of things just as governments around the rest of the world. You've had it in the US, Israel currently seems to have governmental turmoil and so the list will go on in the last days. In fact we should expect this.
But my hope is not in my prime minister or any other politician, but in my Lord Jesus. Fortunately He knows what the outcome will be so I rest in Him. After all, this political turmoil will one day be sorted out by a man as we all know, all be it temporarily. And we all know that praise the Lord. We'll be home with Him by then!
So yes, theses godless politicians, led by their god are par for the course these days, aren't they? But come Lord Jesus, come soon for your bride.

TheRedeemed

Whilst DH and I voted leave, we were stunned by the result and since that day it does seem that incompetents on both sides have made a simple job hard. Back in the days before the UK joined the common market - pre 1975 I think, my father travelled on many business trips abroad and had no problem, particularly on his frequent trips to Brussels and Frankfurt, getting in or out of any country. We were starting to see many more foreign products in the shops than ever before and we were easily able to do plenty of business with the rest of Europe. I would have thought it should be easy to revert back to that as everything was in place. I do believe this is just ungodly governments making a hash of things just as governments around the rest of the world. You've had it in the US, Israel currently seems to have governmental turmoil and so the list will go on in the last days. In fact we should expect this.
But my hope is not in my prime minister or any other politician, but in my Lord Jesus. Fortunately He knows what the outcome will be so I rest in Him. After all, this political turmoil will one day be sorted out by a man as we all know, all be it temporarily. And we all know that praise the Lord. We'll be home with Him by then!
So yes, theses godless politicians, led by their god are par for the course these days, aren't they? But come Lord Jesus, come soon for your bride.
I was a schoolboy when PM Ted Heath signed away Britain's sovereignty on 1st Jan 1973 without asking a single person whether they wanted it or not. On that date we all woke up to the UK as a full member of the then EEC, without any consultation of a single member of the public.

The year 1975 that you refer to, was the retrospective referendum after much protests from the people where the electorate voted to stay in the EEC.

I agree also with you about the pre EEC times, in my youth we had consumerism, foreign goods like cars and electronics and the supermarket shelves were as full then as they are today.

Can't comment on the travelling as I was just a kid back then, but a British passport got you almost 'free passage' to most places in the world, didn't need an EU passport back then to traverse the continent prior to joining.

Back to the present, God's in control, and whatever the final result of all of this will be no surprise to Him, just like in US last week and the current political trouble in Israel. It looks like Bibi Netanyahu may be in some leadership trouble now too.

These are all God's end-times chess pieces and He will place them accordingly.

So all we can continue to say meanwhile is Maranatha!

Last edited: