Breaking...Same-sex marriage now legal in all 50 states

BarbT

This news hit each of us hard because we understand what it means from a biblical standpoint. :(Although today's ruling was not unexpected we Christians are still "in the flesh" and naturally react with grief/outrage when evil strikes our nation. After hearing the news this morning I actually began pacing back and forth, "going blank", not knowing what to do next. But I have to tell y'all ..... the Spirit of the Lord is replacing my anxiety with the unfathomable JOY of knowing that He has already won the final victory and is not daunted, shocked, or nervous when prophecy escalates to a frightening crescendo .... just as He warned us it would. :bible

Listening with renewed anticipation for the glorious Shofar that will soon make this broken world system a faint memory. How exciting it is to live each moment knowing that King Jesus is preparing to take us into the Promised Land of Eternal Life! :yeah

pixelpusher

This news hit each of us hard because we understand what it means from a biblical standpoint. :(Although today's ruling was not unexpected we Christians are still "in the flesh" and naturally react with grief/outrage when evil strikes our nation. After hearing the news this morning I actually began pacing back and forth, "going blank", not knowing what to do next. But I have to tell y'all ..... the Spirit of the Lord is replacing my anxiety with the unfathomable JOY of knowing that He has already won the final victory and is not daunted, shocked, or nervous when prophecy escalates to a frightening crescendo .... just as He warned us it would. :bible

Listening with renewed anticipation for the glorious Shofar that will soon make this broken world system a faint memory. How exciting it is to live each moment knowing that King Jesus is preparing to take us into the Promised Land of Eternal Life! :yeah
Amen Barb! :yeah

BeautyForAshes

Thanks! That's the verse I was looking for. Why do you think it only refers to the tribulation period? I'd really like to know more. I always thought it was before the rapture that God would bring a final revival, or at least that's what I was taught. It does seem though that we are witnessing more a spirit of confusion and deception as you said. I'm even seeing Christians compromise and make excuses for gay support -- they are being deceived!

Rez63

I did the same thing when I heard the news. And my anxious heart was calmed by Hi Spirit too!!
Col 3:2 comes to mind...."Set you mind on things above, not on things of the earth"!

pixelpusher

Thanks! That's the verse I was looking for. Why do you think it only refers to the tribulation period? I'd really like to know more. I always thought it was before the rapture that God would bring a final revival, or at least that's what I was taught. It does seem though that we are witnessing more a spirit of confusion and deception as you said. I'm even seeing Christians compromise and make excuses for gay support -- they are being deceived!

Joel 2:20
I will drive the northern horde far from you,
pushing it into a parched and barren land;
its eastern ranks will drown in the Dead Sea
and its western ranks in the Mediterranean Sea.
And its stench will go up;
its smell will rise.” <------- I think this is Ezekiel 38 and at the end of that routing, Joel 2:21-27:

Surely he has done great things!
21Do not be afraid, land of Judah;
be glad and rejoice.
Surely the Lord has done great things!

22Do not be afraid, you wild animals,
for the pastures in the wilderness are becoming green.
The trees are bearing their fruit;
the fig tree and the vine yield their riches.

23Be glad, people of Zion,
rejoice in the Lord your God,
for he has given you the autumn rains
because he is faithful.
He sends you abundant showers,
both autumn and spring rains, as before.

24The threshing floors will be filled with grain;
the vats will overflow with new wine and oil.

25“I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten—
the great locust and the young locust,
the other locusts and the locust swarmb
my great army that I sent among you.

26You will have plenty to eat, until you are full,
and you will praise the name of the Lord your God,
who has worked wonders for you;
never again will my people be shamed.

27Then you will know that I am in Israel, <---------------- Here Israel recognizes God, do they also recognize the Messiah here?
that I am the Lord your God,
and that there is no other;
never again will my people be shamed.

Then we have 28, ... and afterwards, I will pour out My Spirit...

Correct me if I am mis-thinking... please! : )

Rez63

White House Lit Up With Rainbow After Same-Sex Marriage Ruling

NBC4 Washington‎ - 1 hour ago
White House Lit Up With Rainbow After Same-Sex Marriage Ruling ... Obama: "Today we can say, in no uncertain terms, that we've made our union a little more perfect," ....
The Rainbow is a sign from God as His promise not to flood the earth again. When this country not only goes headlong into what He calls an abomination (OBAMAnation!?) but uses the Rainbow to celebrate it, is in my opinion a slap in the face of God!!!

pixelpusher

Obama: "Today we can say, in no uncertain terms, that we've made our union a little more perverted," ....
There, fixted that one.

And I have to say, that so-called rainbow, graphically, is a clownish attempt at the spread and diversity of luminous, shimmering light in the real thing.

And also now, :doh! I have seen a screenshot of it! I purposely didn't look when it was on the boobtoob.

DanLMP

Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey and was accepted by the people but it was the Sanhedrin or leaders of Judah that needed to accept him so that Israel could be redeemed from sin.

Prior to today most of the people of the US accepted the concept of gay marriage and expected it to happen. Today a group of leaders of our country, the Supreme Court, declared the law of our Father null and void and formalized the law of man.

It is the leaders who finalize any judgement of our Father. The Sanhedrin could have sent us all off into a different direction if they had accepted Jesus as the Messiah.

The Supreme Court today has sent us off into a new direction as well.

One that we have been expecting.

We all new that something like this was coming. Now a big piece is here. More pieces will arrive later. Nothing is happening that was unexpected.

Soldier on.

Pebbles

The pic of the White House 'illuminated' (I see what they did there) is disgusting- I didn't think it was real. That was uncalled for.

The Rainbow is a sign from God as His promise not to flood the earth again. When this country not only goes headlong into what He calls an abomination (OBAMAnation!?) but uses the Rainbow to celebrate it, is in my opinion a slap in the face of God!!!
Agree- and not just God's face, but that of every single American Christian who rightly upholds God's Word. It's like they're sticking their tongue out at the Almighty, daring Him to do something...be careful what you wish for. Very disappointed.

It's been a terrible week or so for this country- the TPP, Obamacare, gay 'marriage', the censorship of our history because it offends some people...

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
The pic of the White House 'illuminated' (I see what they did there) is disgusting- I didn't think it was real. That was uncalled for.

Agree- and not just God's face, but that of every single American Christian who rightly upholds God's Word. It's like they're sticking their tongue out at the Almighty, daring Him to do something...be careful what you wish for. Very disappointed.

It's been a terrible week or so for this country- the TPP, Obamacare, gay 'marriage', the censorship of our history because it offends some people...

:agree They are mocking God, but they will reap what they sow. When they stand before him, it won't be funny!

Lily

Looking Up
Just want to give a shout out for Franklin Graham. Thank God he is being a voice for us, he's telling it like it is, and he managed to do so, imo, in a measured, loving way. As possible. I think the video link should work below.

Franklin Graham: Christians should prepare for persecution
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4324006788001
Todd Starnes and Franklin Graham react to Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage
I would imagine that both of these men were well aware of the target that was placed on their backs for stating these Biblical truths today. Yet they boldly stood for God's Word. We should keep them in our prayers. :pray

ShilohRose

The Day of the Lord referred to in Joel is another name for the Time of Jacob's Trouble or the Tribulation.

Also, I Timothy 4:1-2 says that "some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits, and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared their own conscience as with a branding iron," (NASB) which doesn't sound like a revival is going to happen.

"But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; and avoid men such as these." 2 Timothy 3:1-4