Breakfast Sermon

GHoe

Walked into the kitchen to make breakfast and turned on a Bible sermon from 2 Corinthians Chapter 5:17-21..

During the sermon the pastor showed a slide from Isaiah 45:21 and in that verse read,
"And there is no God apart from me,
a righteous God and a Savior;
there is none but me."

From the message I learned more fully that we are natural enemies of God due to our sin. God cannot abide in sin and so we are separated from God. Wrath is His ONLY response to sin because He is Just and Righteous, as Isaiah 45:21 states.

But.... Thankfully in Isaiah 45:21 God also says He is a Savior, which speaks to His Love being so prefect that he Reconciled us to Himself through Christ's death on the cross. He who knew no sin, became sin as verse 21 states.

I know I'm blessed to see the depravity of my human heart that Jeremiah 17:9 says is deceitfully wicked. And yet even though I am deceitfully wicked and separated from Him in my own strength, God reconciled me to Him through his Love, through the sacrifice of Christ... That is Joy

And as verse 20 reads that Paul emplores us to "Be Reconciled to God", I am glad that I am, in accepting the gift of salvation through faith in Christ's sacrifice for my sins.

Thank You Father, I pray that someone would come to this conclusion today and that their eyes would be opened to their sinful condition and the Love of the Father and their need of Christ as they are made into a new creation. AMEN