'Boycott Ben & Jerry's in US, but buy it in Israel' - Ayelet Shaked

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
'Boycott Ben & Jerry's in US, but buy it in Israel' - Ayelet Shaked
"It is not the Israeli Ben & Jerry’s that should be boycotted - We have to fight against Ben & Jerry’s in America."
By TOVAH LAZAROFF, GREER FAY CASHMAN
JULY 21, 2021

Ice cream lovers should buy Ben & Jerry’s in Israel, but boycott it everywhere else to protest the global company’s stance against the Jewish State, Interior Minister Ayelet Shaked said on Wednesday during a visit to the company’s Be’er Tuviya factory in southern Israel. “We have to fight against Ben & Jerry’s in America,” Shaked said as she tried to explain the complex counterintuitive situation that has occurred now that the global Ben & Jerry’s company has decided to halt its ice cream sales to “the Occupied Palestinian Territory.”

This is presumed to mean West Bank settlements and Jewish neighborhoods of east Jerusalem. But the Israeli franchise headed by CEO Avi Zinger has no interest in halting such sales and has spent years attempting to prevent the company’s Independent Board of Directors from taking such a step. Purchasing Ben & Jerry’s in Israel helps Zinger, explained Shaked who made a special solidarity trip to his factory.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/b...-us-but-buy-it-in-israel-ayelet-shaked-674533

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don't plan on eating Ben and Jerry's products ever, but I'm not boycotting them. They don't offer vanilla and their prices are about quadruple what I would pay for ice cream. So, if I'm ever so fortunate as to travel to Israel, I will not purchase Ben and Jerry's there, either.

Batman

Yep.......terribly, ridiculously, insanely high prices were enough for me to so far have NEVER tried their ice cream...........then there's the rabid leftist stupidity and use of massive bankrolls to push their commie ways in elections.

DMac

Paying 1/2 gallon prices for a pint of ice cream never appealed to me either.
I like plain old vanilla as well. No toppings needed either.

daygo

Yep.......terribly, ridiculously, insanely high prices were enough for me to so far have NEVER tried their ice cream...........then there's the rabid leftist stupidity and use of massive bankrolls to push their commie ways in elections.
Never heard of them.