Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Mary Cole

YUP, agreed, praying for you Mary, and your gang of less than bouncy teenagers at your place. Hoping they'll be back to their usual selves fast and that you don't catch it.
What's scary is that my only healthy grandkid, Aron, has to sleep on the sofa bed with Juda, who is coughing his head off. Aron has school tomorrow. I made Juda put a filter mask on that he got from the Urgent Care. It's one of those cloth or paper filter masks to cover the nose and mouth.

antitox

My 14 year old grandson is sick with the flu, so I've been keeping him here with me until he's well enough to go back to school. So tonight, it's chicken soup and a sandwich. He's loading up on Vitamin C and Robitussin, too, and orange sherbet for his sore throat. I just hope his coughing goes away. He's miserable.
It's probably been 30 or more yrs since I've had sherbet. Wow, memories.

Kem

Citizen
Even though it is warm here a pot of chili is getting started. Maybe we'll have it over some macaroni with cheese on top.

Hi y'all, how 'bout a group hug!:meet
Getting in late on the group hug but :meet Tonight for us will be chicken and Alfredo sauce over pasta for dh and probably plain chicken with veggies for me. Last piece of pie for him.

I can't remember if I told you all that one of my son's employees died recently from the flu. He was fine on a Friday, called in sick on Saturday and was dead Sunday morning. I think it was two weeks ago. Anyway the body is still being held in the morgue. They are not saying but my guess is sample was sent to the CDC for testing for coronavirus. My dil and I are a little freaked out.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I've got a 10 lb turkey I need to get into thw oven for dinner tonight. Will serve with mashed potatoes and gravy, and mixed veggies.

This turkey is pre-cooked. I bought it because my wife gets a $15 off a turkey coupon each year from her employer around Thanksgiving and I haven't used it yet. There's not a whole lot of choice in our stores right now, so I bought this thing. I'm gonna heat it up in a bag, and I tossed in a couple cups of chicken stock to help ensure it doesn't come out too dry. I'm gonna set the oven to 180 deg and let it slowly heat up over several hours.

Last edited:

anath

I Love the Lord
I am cooking stew meat but I haven't decided what will become of it. I am leaning toward some beef tips over some noodles but Mike was sorta puny and he just might prefer beef stew:scratch I suppose beef stew would be best...ok it is decided.

Last night Mike came home puny and it scared me when he said he was achy and had the chills. He wrapped up in a comforter and took some Tylenol and by 7 pm he ate a piece of buttered toast and drank a sprite. Then by 8:30 he was hungry so I made him a waffle and he had some canned sliced peaches. He woke up feeling much better this morning but I don't want to overdo it so beef stew will work just fine.

Mary hope your grandson is feeling better

athenasius

Getting in late on the group hug but :meet Tonight for us will be chicken and Alfredo sauce over pasta for dh and probably plain chicken with veggies for me. Last piece of pie for him.

I can't remember if I told you all that one of my son's employees died recently from the flu. He was fine on a Friday, called in sick on Saturday and was dead Sunday morning. I think it was two weeks ago. Anyway the body is still being held in the morgue. They are not saying but my guess is sample was sent to the CDC for testing for coronavirus. My dil and I are a little freaked out.
Praying for you and the family Kem! That would freak anyone out, and it's good they are checking further. :hug
Susan, soup and stew cures EVERYTHING! Great idea. Glad Mike is feeling better. Can't be too careful.
Mary I hope Aron doesn't come down with it, and that he did well on his tests and that Juda is feeling better along with Tabby.

George wants duck breast tonight, so duck it is. We have a bunch of cut up chinese radish (Daikon or LoBok) with red peppers for veggies.

notdecieved

YUP, agreed, praying for you Mary, and your gang of less than bouncy -- somewhat droopy and ill teenagers at your place. Hoping they'll be back to their usual selves fast and that you don't catch it.
I agree with what Margery said... hope everyone gets better quick and you don't get sick Mary.

Last night was pork gyozas and my dipping sauce. Tonight will be a ham that I have in the oven with cloves inserted in it and maple syrup poured over... have to keep basting it... think maybe au gratin potatoes and the rest of my green beans. I was lucky last shopping to find a small enough ham for me so I don't have to eat it for 2 weeks....I don't like the cottage rolls.....so was lucky again..... lol

athenasius

I agree with what Margery said... hope everyone gets better quick and you don't get sick Mary.

Last night was pork gyozas and my dipping sauce. Tonight will be a ham that I have in the oven with cloves inserted in it and maple syrup poured over... have to keep basting it... think maybe au gratin potatoes and the rest of my green beans. I was lucky last shopping to find a small enough ham for me so I don't have to eat it for 2 weeks....I don't like the cottage rolls.....so was lucky again..... lol
Bernice before Safeway closed it's doors for good, George and I used to really enjoy a ham steak, one of those huge center cut slices with that round bone in the center. Just enough for a meal for two and a bit for ham and eggs next morning. I've seen them at Costco in the pack of 2, which I need to pick up, now that I don't have Safeway.

notdecieved

Bernice before Safeway closed it's doors for good, George and I used to really enjoy a ham steak, one of those huge center cut slices with that round bone in the center. Just enough for a meal for two and a bit for ham and eggs next morning. I've seen them at Costco in the pack of 2, which I need to pick up, now that I don't have Safeway.
I have bought them a few times.... but this ham was a nice size and I couldn't pass it up. Wish it had a bone in it, but it didn't, cause I like to make soup with the bone or baked beans.... Patsy and I pigged out on the ham earlier and now my potatoes are in the oven cooking... I had ham with my hot pepper jelly. I eat in shifts....lol

anath

I Love the Lord
Gonna make another stew/soup, this time with chicken and noodles but first gotta get a good chicken stock going and it's beginning to smell good just chicken and some celery and carrots. Every time I make stock I always say that it just feels therapeutic to breathe this in for a few hrs. At least it is for me
Still praying for Lil miss Hannah, George, Margery, Dan, Kathy, Mary and her crew.
We are well and good, Mike and I.
Lord take care of each need here Lord, my brothers and sisters are so precious to me

Last edited: