Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
You sure you aren't a Canuck like me and George and Bernice???? Sort of thing we like to do! Although George says the propane gas just doesn't work right after 30 below C so 30 below F, that is way colder and you got a serious point there. Chilly. Parka weather standing out there doing the steaks.
I used to grill during the winter with a propane tank, but I had to replace too many regulators which apparently don't care for the cold... that got kind of expensive. At least with charcoal, I don't have to worry about a failing regulator, i just have to double the amount of charcoal and try to minimize the number of times I open the grill cover. Even with twice the charcoal the grill won't get near as hot as it does during the summer months when it is slightly warmer. When the USA got too liberal for me several decades ago I looked in to becoming a Canadian but soon discovered that Canada was way ahead of the USA liberal-wise... so I compromised and moved to Alaska.

Kem

Citizen
You sure you aren't a Canuck like me and George and Bernice???? Sort of thing we like to do! Although George says the propane gas just doesn't work right after 30 below C so 30 below F, that is way colder and you got a serious point there. Chilly. Parka weather standing out there doing the steaks.
lol My youngest used to grill outside in winter even when it was snowing. This brought back a memory of seeing him out on the deck cooking hamburgers on the grill and building a series of little snowmen on the wide rail along the side. :D

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
lol My youngest used to grill outside in winter even when it was snowing. This brought back a memory of seeing him out on the deck cooking hamburgers on the grill and building a series of little snowmen on the wide rail along the side. :D
One of my fondest memories of my children's shenanigans was when they made about 30 miniature snowmen along our deck railing. Wish I'd taken a picture...

RobinB

Are you only eating the toppings to avoid the crust? I just came across a low carb recipie for braided bacon crust. Yes, a pizza "crust" made of bacon that's weaved together and baked in the oven. Put your toppings and cheese on it and return to oven. I can't wait to try it.
Yes, exactly. I have tried cauliflower crusts, crusts made of shredded chicken and cheese, but haven't found a winner. Bacon sounds yummy.

notdecieved

Made a meatloaf my old way today. When kids were all home would make the meatloaf with a full can of vegetable soup, onions, garlic and couple of slices of bread. Always so tasty with all the vegetables and sauce from the soup. Having a plateful right now...with a little bit of ketchup.... like a full meal.