Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

athenasius

One of my favourite movies (Independence Day) featured Nellis AFB, but I suspect they filmed on some other spot as they often do. Like Bernice said, keep us posted, we are rooting for you and praying for the perfect place in God's perfect time. But maybe that is zipping up in the Rapture. That would be the best of all.

Well it's a clean out the fridge night tonight in our apartment. G is eyeing the last of the hot dogs (I find a maximum of 2 enjoyable about every 6 months or so but he loves them) and I have a tin of Spam in mind(equally full of nitrites and other tasty chemicals) :lol

Some broccoli will surely offset any evilness in the Spam or the Hot Dogs.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
One of my favourite movies (Independence Day) featured Nellis AFB, but I suspect they filmed on some other spot as they often do. Like Bernice said, keep us posted, we are rooting for you and praying for the perfect place in God's perfect time. But maybe that is zipping up in the Rapture. That would be the best of all.

Well it's a clean out the fridge night tonight in our apartment. G is eyeing the last of the hot dogs (I find a maximum of 2 enjoyable about every 6 months or so but he loves them) and I have a tin of Spam in mind(equally full of nitrites and other tasty chemicals) :lol

Some broccoli will surely offset any evilness in the Spam or the Hot Dogs.
I just got back from driving around Henderson. At the end of the day, I guess anyplace in any direction that is far enough away from the Strip would be okay. I plan to stay put until my youngest finishes college in 2 1/2 years. I'll also be investigating locations in Wyoming, South Dakota, Kentucky, and Georgia... and if all of those come up short, I'll toss out a wider net. I might need to start a thread on the relocation topic to keep this thread a bit more "pure".

For lunch I stopped at a place I'd never heard of until today, "Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steak Burgers". It was located in Henderson. I had a double patty burger. It was pretty good. Their fries were real thin, they might be called shoestring.

Last edited:

kathymendel

We made our Costco run yesterday, and had a cheese and cracker supper last night before our first bible study class.
Tonight we'll have some chicken breasts off of our Costco rotisseried chicken, along with some roasted sweet potatos, and
maybe some green beans or peas.

notdecieved

Gonna eat the last 2 of my latkes, usually make 3 from one med potato, but this time the potato was a little bigger so I got 2 meals out of one potato. Then finish off my Greek Salad and maybe bake some of my butterfly prawns... and have them with Thai sweet chili sauce, then a glass of orange juice should finish everything off.
Nice here today, everything melting a bit, so Patsy and I went and got her license for the year and I did more running around for other stuff I needed.

Andy C

I grilled up some NY steaks for us tonight. I dont enjoy steak as often as I did years ago, but occasionally they hit the spot. We only had a small simple salad as a side. My wife is counting her points for losing weight, so we skipped any potatoes or bread. Shhhhh, dont tell her, but I will sneak in a few more calories when she is upstairs sewing.

anath

I Love the Lord
Bron informed me yesterday of National Pie Day today so I'll be making an old-fashion Chocolate Pie with meringue. I mean old fashioned because not flour is used, only egg yolks to thicken it. It is a good old southern delicious pie.
For dinner, hopefully I can make stuffed bell peppers and probably cream corn and corn muffins