Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

anath

I Love the Lord
It took me a while to make my decision and I decided on meat loaf with a red sauce, rice and green beans
Whew, glad my poor brain can get a rest now.... I don't know why it was so difficult today:yipee

We have a King Cake for desert ( A New Orleans cake that is sold in all our grocery stores during Carnival season

athenasius

It took me a while to make my decision and I decided on meat loaf with a red sauce, rice and green beans
Whew, glad my poor brain can get a rest now.... I don't know why it was so difficult today:yipee

We have a King Cake for desert ( A New Orleans cake that is sold in all our grocery stores during Carnival season
I wish I wasn't low carb, and lived nearby to enjoy some King Cake with you, over a coffee and a nice visit! That goes for all of you here on this thread. I always enjoy coming in, feeling welcomed and like I'm able to drop by, lift the lid of what is smelling so good on the stove, simmering away and pour a coffee and catch up.

Well leftover chops and I'm boiling a beef tongue right now that George picked up at the butcher yesterday, He is doing a lot more of the grocery shopping. My last remaining thyroid half is definitely on the fritz.

The surgeons office called yesterday, so I'll get to see him on Monday, while my biopsy (which they fast tracked Canadian style) is in mid April.
I was figuring I'd see the surgeon some time in June, and be grateful if they attended to it as early as summertime. But they had a cancellation so YIPPPEEE I get to meet my new surgeon.

I've been pretty clear with my family dr, that I want the other half OUT regardless of what any biopsy shows, even if it's all clear, which my dr is pretty sure it isn't. So a nice surprise to get in on Monday.

I plan to inform him that I want to grease the skids and get this outta here so I can get on with life, and will take any surgery date that opens up. Afterwards I'm going to enjoy getting back onto a thyroid dosage that WORKS. Maybe lose some more weight, maybe buy a new wrinkle cream, definitely do more grocery shopping and cleaning. You know--- get a life again! :lol

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
What a bummer so much for your lying GPS! It is bad enough it was wrong once, but 5 times really stinks! That is no way to treat visitors. I do like those senior discounts some money saved.
I think that hole in the wall Taquerias must come and go fairly frequently. This has happened to me in several towns when searching for Taquerias... other types of restaurants, not so much. Some of the same ones showed up in google maps too, but of course, were no longer there. It's been snowing here and while I was at a laundromat I spied a Mexican place that serves $1 tacos during a 4-6 p.m. happy hour. I might try that place for dinner tonight because it is just about a half mile away.

Edited to add: The $1 tacos didn't exist but I ate there anyway and had some decent if not slightly expensive tacos de carnitas for dinner.

Last edited:

kathymendel

Trying something new tonight.............. oven baked chicken breast with barbecue sauce, pineapple tidbits, dice cooked bacon, some onion, and covered in cheese. Gonna serve it with baked tater tots. Will let you know how it turns out.

ETA: It was very easy and very tasty! We couldn't eat it all, so we're going to make "Hawaiian tacos" with the leftovers tomorrow. LOL
I will definitely make it again............

Last edited:

notdecieved

Was at oldest son's tonight for a BD supper for Granddaughter.... she turned 22, Oh how the time flies...
See them as little ones and the next thing you know they are all growed up.
DIL made perogies and our famous perogy cream sauce to go with, as per request by Granddaughter.. Then we had a tiramisu cake. sp?
Boy was it ever slippery driving over there tonight... snowed so much today the road maintenance guys can hardly keep up.

Kem

Citizen
I had never heard of or seen King cake in stores until I moved down here but did see King cake for sale in Publix the other day.

Last night we had hamburgers with onion rolls for dh and no roll for me. He had chocolate cake for dessert. I think a chicken rice casserole for his supper tonight and I will just have the chicken. There is still some cake for his dessert.

kathymendel

I'm just going to throw this out here............

Would anyone be interested in rounding up members in any given areas, and plan a picnic meet-up at a park when the weather gets nice this spring or summer? Wouldn't it be fun to meet brothers and sisters who live in, say a three to four hour radius of each other? Why should we wait til we get to heaven? We could plan a potluck picnic lunch in a local park somewhere. A "pre-feast" so to speak. LOL

For instance, I live very close to wine country in Temecula, in southern California. There is only one winery left out here that still has a picnic area available...........but, it is huge and beautiful, with lots of tables and seating. Or, a park at a beach............ there is a nice one in Oceanside, too. If any of you SoCal peeps are interested in planning something like this with me, give me a shout and we'll see if we can work something out.

Maybe others all around the country could do the same thing if they are so inclined.

Mods, perhaps this should be posted as a separate thread............. I wasn't thinking about it when I did this.

Last edited:

notdecieved

If I was in the area, I would. I keep thinking one of these days I should try and get over to Kelowna and meet up with Bernice but maybe more towards summer, and when I'm hopefully feeling better.
You would be very welcome Hon.... I live very humbly.... I live in a mobile park for adults. Maybe we could go for fish and chips at our best in town... C-food lovers. Or anywhere else of your liking.

Cooking up some oxtails... gonna make them like my Mom used to. Boil the daylights outta them and then braise them and in the end when the meat is just about falling off the bones.....lots of carrots and brown sugar. Not sure if I'll make anything else, that will probably be all I can handle....
Starting to warm up a bit here... so far it's not snowing today... it's around 20*f..... by Tuesday it should be around 32*f again.... which is not too bad a temp to do running around... I need to go hunting for a pink yarn to finish off a pair of slippers.... gonna hit all the Dollar Stores and check out their yarns.....maybe when it warms up a bit will run a batch of slippers to the Cancer Clinic again.
Can smell the oxtails.... starting to smell real good. Hugs to all..

Mary Cole

Ok, I've been slow-cooking some country style pork ribs all day, and added some tangy sauce made with ketchup, brown sugar and dry mustard into the crockpot. While that's finishing up, I cooked some bacon, crumbled some of that bacon and set aside, then thin sliced some potatoes to fry in the bacon grease, and mix with the crumbled bacon. Also cooking brussles sprouts to go with it.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Ok, I've been slow-cooking some country style pork ribs all day, and added some tangy sauce made with ketchup, brown sugar and dry mustard into the crockpot. While that's finishing up, I cooked some bacon, crumbled some of that bacon and set aside, then thin sliced some potatoes to fry in the bacon grease, and mix with the crumbled bacon. Also cooking brussles sprouts to go with it.
That sounds really yummy Mary. We just finished eating, and my mouth is still watering from your dinner. Enjoy! :thumbup :thumbup

Almost Heaven

Would anyone be interested in rounding up members in any given areas, and plan a picnic meet-up at a park when the weather gets nice this spring or summer? Wouldn't it be fun to meet brothers and sisters who live in, say a three to four hour radius of each other? Why should we wait til we get to heaven? We could plan a potluck picnic lunch in a local park somewhere. A "pre-feast" so to speak. LOL

For instance, I live very close to wine country in Temecula, in southern California. There is only one winery left out here that still has a picnic area available...........but, it is huge and beautiful, with lots of tables and seating. Or, a park at a beach............ there is a nice one in Oceanside, too. If any of you SoCal peeps are interested in planning something like this with me, give me a shout and we'll see if we can work something out.

Maybe others all around the country could do the same thing if they are so inclined.

Mods, perhaps this should be posted as a separate thread............. I wasn't thinking about it when I did this.
I started thinking along these lines a few months ago...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

That would be nice. Jan51 lives in Nevada and I had planned to meet her this morning but it snowed yesterday and then again early this morning so the roads on my side of the trip would have been too much of a challenge for my ill-equipped rental car. I don't know another soul in my town who is a "Watcher"... I was so looking forward to meeting Jan51.

I'd love to meet some of my brothers and sisters here. I've also thought that maybe some of us might be able to attend one of Jan Markell's annual one day end times conventions, and maybe extend our stay a day or two so folks who went could meet up. Don't know if I could make a planned gathering but I think it's a wonderful idea.

Tonight I had a big burger at a Fuddruckers. I was full after eating the fries, but I still managed to put the burger away.

Last edited:

chaser

Dinner yesterday was leftover albacore and noodles, today I'm using some of the meatballs in the freezer I made the other day with a Swedish meatball sauce over noodles, noodles seem to be part of the dinner theme lately. It is cold out, 15* F and will be below 0 lows the next couple days so I don't want to go out except to take DW to work and pick her up, it's icy after the storm and she hates driving in it.