Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

RobinB

We went and picked up wings, crab balls and shrimp to serve during the Ravens game today. Mom called and said she was taking Dad to the ER for chest pain. He's being watched, but won't be joining us for game day. We're praying it was just indigestion or something. But anyway, looks like the hubs and I will be eating wings and crab balls all. week. long. :oops:

Mary Cole

My apartment complex had a Christmas party yesterday afternoon with enough food to feed an entire army, so I was too full to eat anything for supper last night. So tonight I will cook the ribeye steak, baked potato and broccoli in cheese sauce.

athenasius

Well we had a lovely dinner for our son's 40th b'day. They've gone, the dishwasher is chugging away and I'm stopping in briefly to say hi.

Roast Beef, oven rsted veggies, salad with Black Forest Cake for dessert. He loved it.

Bernice I found Piper's pies at Save ON Foods (I still think of them as Overwaitea) but all they had were Steak and mushroom so I took 2 home, the manager said they were going out of them so I'm still on the hunt for a supply of Piper's Steak and Kidney pies. They had a few of the individual pies left too, but they were Steak and mushroom too.

Tomorrow G has a visit with his opthalmologist to see how his optic nerves are doing since the tumour started shrinking, and on Thursday he has another MRI to see how much it shrunk this time. Our family dr put him on a high dose of B vitamins 2 weeks ago because that tumour drug creates a lack, and that was why he was having bad mood swings last month. It's working, and he is settling back down. Praise God. It was hard on the poor guy. Rocketing from feeling normal in the morning to severe depression by 10 am to ok but tired by 8 pm. It's a known problem. And we'd rather cope with side effects than brain surgery.

So next week is busy but better and I hope to be in and chatting up a storm soon.

Love
M

notdecieved

Bernice I found Piper's pies at Save ON Foods (I still think of them as Overwaitea) but all they had were Steak and mushroom so I took 2 home, the manager said they were going out of them so I'm still on the hunt for a supply of Piper's Steak and Kidney pies. They had a few of the individual pies left too, but they were Steak and mushroom too. Love M
Awesome that things are working out for George...
Check your IGA out and see if they have some. Or tell your Meat guy at Save On Foods that your interested in the steak and kidney pies and see if he can't bring some in for you. Piper's also make a tortzier if you've ever had it... it's a pork pie the French Quebecer's make for Christmas and holidays. I'm gonna try one of theirs next time...

For lunch had a egg salad sub from Subway, so not too hungry this evening for supper, but had me some tempura prawns I heated in my toaster oven and had my dipping sauce ... that I added more ginger and garlic to... now munching on my tray of cut up fruits I got from grocery store yesterday... yum.

antitox

Well we had a lovely dinner for our son's 40th b'day. They've gone, the dishwasher is chugging away and I'm stopping in briefly to say hi.

Roast Beef, oven rsted veggies, salad with Black Forest Cake for dessert. He loved it.

Bernice I found Piper's pies at Save ON Foods (I still think of them as Overwaitea) but all they had were Steak and mushroom so I took 2 home, the manager said they were going out of them so I'm still on the hunt for a supply of Piper's Steak and Kidney pies. They had a few of the individual pies left too, but they were Steak and mushroom too.

Tomorrow G has a visit with his opthalmologist to see how his optic nerves are doing since the tumour started shrinking, and on Thursday he has another MRI to see how much it shrunk this time. Our family dr put him on a high dose of B vitamins 2 weeks ago because that tumour drug creates a lack, and that was why he was having bad mood swings last month. It's working, and he is settling back down. Praise God. It was hard on the poor guy. Rocketing from feeling normal in the morning to severe depression by 10 am to ok but tired by 8 pm. It's a known problem. And we'd rather cope with side effects than brain surgery.

So next week is busy but better and I hope to be in and chatting up a storm soon.

Love
M
That black forest cake sounds great. Been a long time since I had that.

Kem

Citizen
Tonight will likely be a rerun of last evening unless lightening strikes or something. lol
Our community is doing something called elfing each other this year. It consists of getting a small gift bag with little gifts inside and a sheet of paper saying "You've been elfed". We make copies of the sheet, put one on our door to show we have already been elfed and then sneak out after dark to put gift bags on a couple of neighbor's front porches. It is kind of fun and I have to sneak out tonight. lol

athenasius

Is Anath (Susan) ok? I don't see her in the recent comments around the table?

The mighty leftover tonight! YAY.

G decided to go to the eye dr by himself, he will walk home if they gave eye drops, and I will walk up the hill and pick up the car later. Gets us our exercise. And gives me a moment to come online here.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I was looking forward to a good burger tonight, then I walked by the Freddy's steak display and noticed a sale sign in front of the boneless rib-eyes. I then noticed that there were some good looking nicely marbled Angus rib-eyes calling my name. On sale, but still expensive, I succumbed and picked out four of them for dinner tonight. I'll serve them with green beans and buttered grilled sourdough.

RobinB

Tonight will likely be a rerun of last evening unless lightening strikes or something. lol
Our community is doing something called elfing each other this year. It consists of getting a small gift bag with little gifts inside and a sheet of paper saying "You've been elfed". We make copies of the sheet, put one on our door to show we have already been elfed and then sneak out after dark to put gift bags on a couple of neighbor's front porches. It is kind of fun and I have to sneak out tonight. lol

Re-runs here all week. Since my parents couldn't come over yesterday, we have so many crab balls and wings left.... lunch all week!