Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
TT, how do you make Bisquick chicken?
The recipe used to be on the Bisquick box. They took it off some time ago. Here it is:

Mix the following in a plastic bag (adjust to your liking):
2/3 cup Bisquick ( use as much as a cup since most fryers are bigger today than they used to be)
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Add cut up chicken pieces including whatever guts came with it into the plastic bag and shake to coat all the pieces. I close up the top of the bag so I don't make a mess.

Line a baking sheet with foil and lay down a little margarine on the foil. For this I use the Parkay that you can squirt from the bottle. Place the chicken pieces skin side down on the foil and then squirt a little bit of that margarine on each piece. That'll help it be crispy.

Heat over to 425 deg. Bake 45 minutes. Turn chicken skin side up. Squirt a dab of that margerine onto the new topside of each chicken piece for the crispiness factor. Bake another 20 minutes or so. Adjust cooking times to your liking.

I take the gut pieces out when it's time to flip the pieces. Sometimes I'll cook a pound of chicken livers up in this mix. They're delicious that way. Then I'll just eat them or chop them up and add them to dirty rice.

Last edited:

Kem

Citizen
The recipe used to be on the Bisquick box. They took it off some time ago. Here it is:

Mix the following in a plastic bag (adjust to your liking):
2/3 cup Bisquick ( use as much as a cup since most fryers are bigger today than they used to be)
1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Add cut up chicken pieces including whatever guts came with it into the plastic bag and shake to coat all the pieces. I close up the top of the bag so I don't make a mess.

Line a baking sheet with foil and lay down a little margarine on the foil. For this I use the Parkay that you can squirt from the bottle. Place the chicken pieces skin side down on the foil and then squirt a little bit of that margarine on each piece. That'll help it be crispy.

Heat over to 425 deg. Bake 45 minutes. Turn chicken skin side up. Squirt a dab of that margerine onto the new topside of each chicken piece for the crispiness factor. Bake another 20 minutes or so. Adjust cooking times to your liking.
Thanks TT, my dh and son will love this.

athenasius

Hi all doing well, just did the grandchildren's Christmas celebration, presents, tree, pizza

what???? You don't know that PIZZA is for a real Christmas dinner???

Well it is when it's a moveable feast like our family Christmas for the kids. :lol Hawaiian, Pepperoni and Meat Lovers.

They opened their presents from us, and had a blast and in between it all DD managed an audiology appointment for Hannah and 2 Dr appts for her and an unscheduled one for Hannah as the audiologist wants medical followup as she has problems hearing in one ear. Doing fine in the other. I told Dd it also might be due to Hannah having popped TWO teeth at once in the last 5 days. Bound to make the ears feel plugged and gunky. She is a sturdy cheery baby on the most part but they do have to keep track because deafness can be one of the things with her genetic bone problem.

We got thru the day in one piece and Dd got groceries done before heading up the highway.

It's been busy this week.

And it's not over yet. I will likely surface for air after Ds' Sunday dinner at our place which is his 40th birthday. Monday I may just stare at the wall and drink coffee. But Tuesday I should be back chatting away.

Meanwhile love and a hug and Janice, thanks for giving me a nudge to get er done LAST WEEK with the Christmas decorations and tree. That wasn't on my to do list this rather busy week, and I thank you kindly for that hon!

Love round the table
M

RobinB

We went and picked up wings, crab balls and shrimp to serve during the Ravens game today. Mom called and said she was taking Dad to the ER for chest pain. He's being watched, but won't be joining us for game day. We're praying it was just indigestion or something. But anyway, looks like the hubs and I will be eating wings and crab balls all. week. long. :oops:

Mary Cole

My apartment complex had a Christmas party yesterday afternoon with enough food to feed an entire army, so I was too full to eat anything for supper last night. So tonight I will cook the ribeye steak, baked potato and broccoli in cheese sauce.

athenasius

Well we had a lovely dinner for our son's 40th b'day. They've gone, the dishwasher is chugging away and I'm stopping in briefly to say hi.

Roast Beef, oven rsted veggies, salad with Black Forest Cake for dessert. He loved it.

Bernice I found Piper's pies at Save ON Foods (I still think of them as Overwaitea) but all they had were Steak and mushroom so I took 2 home, the manager said they were going out of them so I'm still on the hunt for a supply of Piper's Steak and Kidney pies. They had a few of the individual pies left too, but they were Steak and mushroom too.

Tomorrow G has a visit with his opthalmologist to see how his optic nerves are doing since the tumour started shrinking, and on Thursday he has another MRI to see how much it shrunk this time. Our family dr put him on a high dose of B vitamins 2 weeks ago because that tumour drug creates a lack, and that was why he was having bad mood swings last month. It's working, and he is settling back down. Praise God. It was hard on the poor guy. Rocketing from feeling normal in the morning to severe depression by 10 am to ok but tired by 8 pm. It's a known problem. And we'd rather cope with side effects than brain surgery.

So next week is busy but better and I hope to be in and chatting up a storm soon.

Love
M