Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

athenasius

Welcome to the table James, pull up a chair and have fun with us!

Thank you. Were you flying them back in the day when they included a Bible verse with each snack/meal served? I think their CEO at the time left the company for full time missionary work.
I wish I had been, that sounds wonderful. No we only found them in recent years when our flight connections allowed for us to use them. I normally fly Air North (the Yukon equivalent) when I go to Whitehorse but Alaska flies south of the border so it's one we choose when we have a choice.

Well it's the mighty leftover tonight. The hot wings were good, a few of them and a few of the sausages from the day before will round out dinner along with assorted veggies.

Anewcreationinjesus

Planes with tiramisu and Bible verses :) sound like my kind of plane lol :skydiver

Welcome James :)

Here, ds announced he would like to try my salmon, so it's salmon, steamed potatoes and green beans for him and cauli cheese for me... :mousedance

Our weekly shop arrived sooooo my little stash of pecans have too, so very soon I'll be having a go at making pecan, peanut butter and caramel brownies.... what's not to like??! :hyper

Update, ds ate his salmon...

Last edited:

kathymendel

Every day lately, I post what I think I am going to prepare, only to have something come up to change my plans. Yesterday, Deb and I went to Best Buy to purchase a new, larger, clearer t.v. It's our Christmas gift to each other this year. We don't go out much, have several English/Australian and Christian channels we subscribe to (in order to find something worthwhile to watch) and of course we watch PBS a bit, too. After our purchase, we had lunch at Applebee's before going to Costco to pick up some staples before the crowds there get even worse. Come dinner time, we weren't even hungry that much, so raided the fridge of leftovers. MAYBE we'll have the nachos tonight????

kathymendel

Did any of you ever fly Midwest Airlines in the 80' an 90's? It was ALL first class seating, and they served wonderful meals on china, with wine selections in glasses, and real silverware............... THEN, before your flight ended, they served fresh baked, warm chocolate chip cookies!!!! All included in your ticket price! Sometime in the early 2000's they were taken over by Frontier Airlines. What a disaster!!! That has to be one of the worse airlines around!! DH and I were FF members until after he passed almost five years ago. I had half a million flyer miles, and just finished using them up last spring when I brought my daughter and family out for a visit. I switched over to Southwest which is much better, but nothing like Midwest was.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I got home from a two week trip to Libertardia (west coast) late last night. Now it's mid afternoon of the next day and I just spent 7 hours moving snow around. For some reason I have an aching back. I think I'll go get an 8 piece fried chicken for dinner and maybe serve it with fries and green beans.

notdecieved

The sellers backed out of our contract so we can't get the house. Shelley's so upset and so am I.
Back to square one.
That is so sad Mary... praying God will intercede and find you a better one that will make you all happy again and the deal will go thru. Maybe God had his hand in this... maybe there was something not right with this house.... just a thought.. hugs

Got the crock pot out and have some beef strips cooking... gonna try and make me a small pot of stew and dumplings .

Last edited: