Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Tonight we're having a hot pot dinner. Sister-in-Law has a mild and spicy side. I just move whatever I want to eat over from the mild to the spicy side... Because she's native Chinese, I won't recognize half of the stuff that's in the pot...

My brother and sister-in-law invited a couple over to share the hot pot. We had Mandarin, Spanish, and English going on between us to try and understand each other. It was fun. Earlier I went to church with my sister-in-law. While the sermon was shared in Mandarin the preacher's wife tried her best to translate for me. So I'm listening to Mandarin in one ear and a very rough translation to English in the other ear... and that was very exhausting, but the translator meant well. I was invited to give my testimony next time I'm in town and they'll translate to Mandarin while I'm speaking.

Last edited:

notdecieved

Youngest daughter's youngest son's three littles have their birthdays all very close, so Mommy decided it would be a big bash all at once for the three.... we had a whole bunch of different appies and our main event was... hot dogs with all kinds of different fixin's.... of course.... then 3 different cakes.... I had 2 peanut butter cookies instead. Boy that hot dog tasted good.... I haven't had a good hot dog for a long time. It's just a lot of fun for me to sit back and watch all the littles play.... there was 8 of them all under 6.