Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'm in Chula Vista, South Libertardia, visiting a brother and his wife. Last night my brother grilled T-Bones. He doesn't know how to cook steaks unfortunately. I ate the tender side and a little bit of the rest and called it good. His wife speaks Mandarin as a first language and struggles with English. They had another guest over who speaks Cantonese as a first language. I learned that just because they're both Chinese they can't communicate well, as there isn't enough overlap in Mandarin and Cantonese. That made it kind of interesting.

For tonight I saw that they're thawing some salmon for dinner.

anath

I Love the Lord
Libertardia :pound

Oh Mary, it is a wonderful thing you are doing to help your family. They lived in deplorable conditions last summer. I know they are going to appreciate this beautiful home you have so graciously enabled them to buy. I just love you :hug

Well I'm having to scale back a little, no baked mac and cheese, probably some canned veggies will have to do. I began trying to clean my patio from all the oak leaves and I've only scratched the surface so I'm going back out with gloves and trash bags and rake and sweep up the stuff before the rain comes and makes it really messy. Adios amigos:lobster

Last edited:

athenasius

Mary its a LOVELY HOME!!!! Thank you for sharing those pictures. May God bless that home and all who live in it and may they all know the love of God thru a personal relationship with Christ. May that home be a refuge of peace for all of them.

Well I'm fixing chicken tonight with seasoned salt, baked. Cause I'm such an inspired chef. :groucho Leftover veggies which include sliced LoBok (Chinese long white radish) and baked yam quarters.

I'm finally back down to my weight before the cruise which was still above where I like to be, so still dieting down a little. But feeling chirpy nonetheless.

Mary Cole

Mary its a LOVELY HOME!!!! Thank you for sharing those pictures. May God bless that home and all who live in it and may they all know the love of God thru a personal relationship with Christ. May that home be a refuge of peace for all of them.

Well I'm fixing chicken tonight with seasoned salt, baked. Cause I'm such an inspired chef. :groucho Leftover veggies which include sliced LoBok (Chinese long white radish) and baked yam quarters.

I'm finally back down to my weight before the cruise which was still above where I like to be, so still dieting down a little. But feeling chirpy nonetheless.
Amen and amen.

Mary Cole

Mary I can't help loving that corner nook display space, and thinking a Christmas tree or something would be so lovely. That home looks loved and well cared for. Exciting to envision your family in better times enjoying this new home.
I am as excited as they are about buying this house. Of course, it wasn't our first choice, but God had a hand in us getting this one over any of the others. I also love that little built-in display with an overhead light, on the corner of the wall.

notdecieved

The house I'm buying for Shelley and my grandkids (a family is currently living there, but they are buying a new house for themselves at the same time as we are buying this one)
I bet the kids think it's a dream come true considering the conditions they were living in.... the house looks lovely and in great shape too..... You have a heart of gold Mamma for helping them get into a decent place.

Figured I better fry up my pork cutlets before they go bad... so breaded them up nice and had a nice big one for an early supper, and had sweet and sour sauce with it. .... then later will probably eat the last bowl full of my baked beans.

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
Well at least I know what I'm having, (not sure yet about the others, am guessing steak) .... Salmon, baby potatoes with butter and cauliflower cheese... Currently on my last coffee on the day and going to write down some more of God's attributes in my ongoing study...:glasses
Is it typical in the UK for each family member to have an individual meal prepared for them for dinner, as opposed to everyone sitting down and eating the same meal, or is that just something special you do for your family?

kathymendel

Is it typical in the UK for each family member to have an individual meal prepared for them for dinner, as opposed to everyone sitting down and eating the same meal, or is that just something special you do for your family?
Your response reminded me of something that occurred in the very early eighties. Newly married to a man with two children from another marriage, the children would come spend every other weekend with us. I would fix a nice dinner and they would turn their noses up at it. It happened once. The next time they came they tried to pull the same thing on me (mind you, their mother never cooked for them, they ate fast food all the time). I just looked at them as they sat there glumly and told them, "Fine. There are hot dogs in the fridge and buns in the cupboard........... you can go zap them in the microwave and have them for dinner." They dished up their plates with what was on the table, and ate it. Never had a problem again............ (heh-heh). They came to love and appreciate my home cooking.

Anewcreationinjesus

No its not a UK thing, its a this household thing :)

Just wrote down this awesome sounding recipe for pecan caramel and peanut butter brownies...

Last edited: