Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Our closing date is set for Dec. 13, just in time for Christmas. :hyper :hyper :biggrin2
That is a wonderful Christmas :bighug gift for your daughter and family. It was a nice day today 66 as a temp, and a big drop tomorrow of 38. I told Jeff since it was so nice we should put our icicle Christmas lights up, and net lights in front of the deck. Thanksgiving is 3 weeks from tomorrow, and we turn them on that night same as The Plaza in K.C. Mo.

Mary Cole

That is a wonderful Christmas :bighug gift for your daughter and family. It was a nice day today 66 as a temp, and a big drop tomorrow of 38. I told Jeff since it was so nice we should put our icicle Christmas lights up, and net lights in front of the deck. Thanksgiving is 3 weeks from tomorrow, and we turn them on that night same as The Plaza in K.C. Mo.
You're not that far from me. It's gonna be in the 30s for the highs for the next couple of days.

notdecieved

Last night I made a small casserole dish of baked beans. I had spotted a can of navy beans when shopping at Safeway...and had never seen them just plain canned.... so I grabbed me a can. They were kind of expensive...$3.00 a can, but thought oh well, and bought it anyways. So threw all the good stuff in with the beans and double smoked bacon and they turned out delicious. So been working on them all day.... enough left for a bowl full tomorrow... So, for a few years now... I have only been cooking with my Anasazi beans... so was just a bit different from them.

Anewcreationinjesus

Come Lord Jesus!!!!!!
Am going to get another cup of coffee and make a batch of mini brownies and mince pies on what's very much a "leftovers Thursday"... Meantime am trying to avoid boring shop order by listening to Milhaud's Scaramouche for piano duet and really really wish I could play it, especially first and third movements and wondering if there's an incredibly scaled down version for solo piano that I could try and pick out a few bars lol....

Mince pie tally chart.... Now 120 :)

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'm in Chula Vista, South Libertardia, visiting a brother and his wife. Last night my brother grilled T-Bones. He doesn't know how to cook steaks unfortunately. I ate the tender side and a little bit of the rest and called it good. His wife speaks Mandarin as a first language and struggles with English. They had another guest over who speaks Cantonese as a first language. I learned that just because they're both Chinese they can't communicate well, as there isn't enough overlap in Mandarin and Cantonese. That made it kind of interesting.

For tonight I saw that they're thawing some salmon for dinner.

anath

I Love the Lord
Libertardia :pound

Oh Mary, it is a wonderful thing you are doing to help your family. They lived in deplorable conditions last summer. I know they are going to appreciate this beautiful home you have so graciously enabled them to buy. I just love you :hug

Well I'm having to scale back a little, no baked mac and cheese, probably some canned veggies will have to do. I began trying to clean my patio from all the oak leaves and I've only scratched the surface so I'm going back out with gloves and trash bags and rake and sweep up the stuff before the rain comes and makes it really messy. Adios amigos:lobster

Last edited:

athenasius

Mary its a LOVELY HOME!!!! Thank you for sharing those pictures. May God bless that home and all who live in it and may they all know the love of God thru a personal relationship with Christ. May that home be a refuge of peace for all of them.

Well I'm fixing chicken tonight with seasoned salt, baked. Cause I'm such an inspired chef. :groucho Leftover veggies which include sliced LoBok (Chinese long white radish) and baked yam quarters.

I'm finally back down to my weight before the cruise which was still above where I like to be, so still dieting down a little. But feeling chirpy nonetheless.

Mary Cole

Mary its a LOVELY HOME!!!! Thank you for sharing those pictures. May God bless that home and all who live in it and may they all know the love of God thru a personal relationship with Christ. May that home be a refuge of peace for all of them.

Well I'm fixing chicken tonight with seasoned salt, baked. Cause I'm such an inspired chef. :groucho Leftover veggies which include sliced LoBok (Chinese long white radish) and baked yam quarters.

I'm finally back down to my weight before the cruise which was still above where I like to be, so still dieting down a little. But feeling chirpy nonetheless.
Amen and amen.