Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

notdecieved

Hi all, I'm baaaack! Pretty tired still. Got in safely on Monday afternoon, did laundry in between naps, some groceries. Our luggage even arrived safely, undamaged and at the same time we did. Air Canada is improving since the govt passed a law making them pay for damaged luggage.
Made oxtail soup for dinner tonight.
Glad to be home.
Glad your back, we missed you. Sorry to hear of George's issues, but sometimes that is what happens when we get older... Hugs.

Patsy and I went out for a late lunch and had a burger at McD's... so wasn't hungry at supper... but now thinking I might have some of my cauliflower and cheese sauce and might make me a burger taco style... with all the spices and onion and garlic.

Kem

Citizen
And I will try not to look too cheery at the thought of not traveling.
LOL that would be my thought as well. Glad you are back safely.
I've kind of been hibernating and noticing dh's health changes. Also trying to ignore world events for a while as sometimes it just gets to be all too much. We have actually been eating though even though I haven't posted.

Tonight will be ham, baked acorn squash and maybe baby peas. Cake with whipped cream and strawberry glaze for dh.

antitox

LOL that would be my thought as well. Glad you are back safely.
I've kind of been hibernating and noticing dh's health changes. Also trying to ignore world events for a while as sometimes it just gets to be all too much. We have actually been eating though even though I haven't posted.

Tonight will be ham, baked acorn squash and maybe baby peas. Cake with whipped cream and strawberry glaze for dh.
Love cake with strawberry glaze which is so tantalizing. At my age I always try not to get too much sugar, but this morning I had half an apple fritter. God help me stay self-controlled.:madgrin

Kem

Citizen
God help me stay self-controlled.:madgrin
I always need God's help with that too. Dh should not be eating the sweets but he loves them and his blood glucose is good so I don't try to restrict him, still, having a lot of goodies around the house all the time makes it difficult for me.

Does anyone else eat chia seeds? I have been adding them to my yogurt but would like ideas of other things I could add them to.

anath

I Love the Lord
Love cake with strawberry glaze which is so tantalizing. At my age I always try not to get too much sugar, but this morning I had half an apple fritter. God help me stay self-controlled.:madgrin
LOL And my thinking is right the opposite. I am constantly rationalizing by saying at our age, we can indulge more of......

Welcome back safe and sound Margery and George.

Guess I'll pick up something at the grocery store...I need quite a few things

Mary Cole

I changed my mind. I'll eat the leftovers for lunch. Tonight, I'm experimenting with chicken thighs....and will be making Indonesian Ginger Chicken. Right now, the thighs are marinating in a marinade of honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and green onion.

Mary Cole

Indonesian Ginger Chicken

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup honey
  • 3/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
  • 1/4 cup minced garlic (8 to 12 cloves)
  • 1/2 cup peeled and grated fresh ginger root
  • 6-7 pounds bone-in chicken, about 8-9 pieces, legs, thighs, breasts or wings. see my notes below
DIRECTIONS
  • Stir together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root in a small saucepan until completely combined. If needed, heat over low heat until the honey is melted but I don’t find this is necessary.
  • Arrange the chicken in a layer in a shallow baking pan, skin side down, and pour on the sauce. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight or for at least 4-5 hours in the refrigerator.
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees F. Continue baking for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh and the sauce is a rich, dark brown.