Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

notdecieved

Today is our 29th wedding anniversary! But since it's been pouring rain literally all day long, we don't feel like going out for dinner. I'm going to stick a frozen thin crust pizza in the oven and I will eat toppings and just a little of the crust.
Congratulations...29 years is pretty good now a days.... wishing you many more years, hope you enjoy your pizza... hugs

It's been raining like crazy here all day too... all I want to do is snooze.... but got up early enough to make me a small pot of chicken, veggies and dumplings.... was gonna make it with spatzels, but dough was a little too hard and didn't feel like playing with it... so spooned it in the boiling water and made dumplings instead
Heated a can of chicken broth, shredded my small piece of carrot and small piece of celery and chopped my green onion and boiled all in hot water until tender and put in with the broth.... then made the dough and dropped by spoonful in to boiling water and when done... threw it in with the broth and veggies... Walla.... chicken, veggies and dumplings... easy peasy.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Scratch split pea soup.

When I was a youngster I had a bowl of split pea soup at an Anderson's restaurant. It was very good. For many years afterward I tried to create a batch of split pea soup that was as good. Two or three decades later, by accident, I think, I achieved a soup that I think was even tastier than I remember having at Anderson's.

anath

I Love the Lord
That's funny I had a similar experience! I was about 9 or 10 , my mom took me to a little Jewish restaurant and I was feeling a little puny. The owner came out and personally recommended his split pea soup. It was the best soup I've ever had to this day and still can't come close.
It was a cream of pea soup....much creamier that you buy in a can

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
That's funny I had a similar experience! I was about 9 or 10 , my mom took me to a little Jewish restaurant and I was feeling a little puny. The owner came out and personally recommended his split pea soup. It was the best soup I've ever had to this day and still can't come close.
It was a cream of pea soup....much creamier that you buy in a can
I think my split pea soup recipe is in the recipe thread. Give it a try... very creamy. I don't think I've ever had good soup out of a can, except for maybe tomato soup.

RobinB

Congratulations...29 years is pretty good now a days.... wishing you many more years, hope you enjoy your pizza... hugs

It's been raining like crazy here all day too... all I want to do is snooze.... but got up early enough to make me a small pot of chicken, veggies and dumplings.... was gonna make it with spatzels, but dough was a little too hard and didn't feel like playing with it... so spooned it in the boiling water and made dumplings instead
Heated a can of chicken broth, shredded my small piece of carrot and small piece of celery and chopped my green onion and boiled all in hot water until tender and put in with the broth.... then made the dough and dropped by spoonful in to boiling water and when done... threw it in with the broth and veggies... Walla.... chicken, veggies and dumplings... easy peasy.
It poured so much we didn't leave the house. Doing it again today (although today I had to go to work.) And thanks!

notdecieved

Scratch split pea soup.
When I was a youngster I had a bowl of split pea soup at an Anderson's restaurant. It was very good. For many years afterward I tried to create a batch of split pea soup that was as good. Two or three decades later, by accident, I think, I achieved a soup that I think was even tastier than I remember having at Anderson's.
That's funny I had a similar experience! I was about 9 or 10 , my mom took me to a little Jewish restaurant and I was feeling a little puny. The owner came out and personally recommended his split pea soup. It was the best soup I've ever had to this day and still can't come close. It was a cream of pea soup....much creamier that you buy in a can
I also had a similar experience as both of you, only difference was it was with "Summer Borscht"(made with beet greens and bacon)..... I was about 9 and was at my Uncle and Aunts and she made it and I loved it.... after I got married found out hubby's family made the same borscht... so it was great, I learned how from MIL and to this day one of my favorite soups.

Our bakery made fresh Cornish Pastries today so picked up a couple and made a small pan of gravy to go with.... later will have some cauliflower and cream cheese sauce.... the pastry is filling and no room for the cauliflower... when tummy settles will eat some of that.