Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

notdecieved

Made a pan of Spanish rice:
Pan fry the onion, celery and garlic until tender... throw in the precooked rice s/p and then be generous with my home canned chopped tomatoes. Sometimes will fry up hamburger to go with, but not tonight.

Today my 18th Great Grand Child was born... Karver Devon, 7 lbs. 14 oz. .... First Gandson for my youngest son, their youngest son's, they previously have 2 Grand daughters.

Last edited:

Cloud Watcher

Pan fry the onion, celery and garlic until tender... throw in the rice s/p and then be generous with my home canned chopped tomatoes. Sometimes will fry up hamburger to go with, but not tonight.

Today my 18th Great Grand Child was born... Karver Devon, 7 lbs. 14 oz. .... First Gandson for my youngest son, they previously have 2 Grand daughters.
Congratulations

Mary Cole

Pan fry the onion, celery and garlic until tender... throw in the rice s/p and then be generous with my home canned chopped tomatoes. Sometimes will fry up hamburger to go with, but not tonight.

Today my 18th Great Grand Child was born... Karver Devon, 7 lbs. 14 oz. .... First Gandson for my youngest son, they previously have 2 Grand daughters.
:bouncies :hyper :wooo

antitox

Yesterday I went into the deli to get their Chicken Enchilada casserole. Kinda like an enchilada lasagne. Well, he only has a little bit left, so since he only had a little, he took that, threw in some of his meat loaf and rigatoni pasta and a had a great meal. Man, that guy is really good.

kathymendel

Disappointed to find that Boston Market frozen pot pies are no longer in freezer cases at Stater Brothers and Ralph's markets. It almost looks like B.M. is closing out their frozen foods............altho I can't be sure. I'll try Albertson's next. Any other pot pie I've tried has really upset my stomach.............but not Boston Market's. Boo-hoo. Such great, easy comfort food with cool weather coming up..........an, now it's not available.

Tonight? KFC chicken breasts and potato salad and ????

ETA: Found two ears of corn in the fridge to go with the above!!!!

Last edited:

anath

I Love the Lord
Huge blessings on the birth of your great grandson, Bernice!

Tonight I'll reheat our roast beef, brown gravy, rice and green beans

I'm pooped. We have carpeting in our bedroom and it has been needing shampooing for a while now so that's what I did. I have one of those Hoover rug shampooer and it is hard just to manipulate that thing! My back is sore and I'm just so glad I got it over and done with.

notdecieved

Another invite out... my oldest son Dennis invited me over for turkey noodle soup that he was making with home made noodles....... we all know he doesn't cook.... his wife and I just say sure Den....lol and then he chuckles.
There was home made turkey noodle soup with homemade noodles.... real yummy... fresh made buns with lots of butter... and I got to take a couple buns home and a piece of lemon meringue pie. I am so Thankful for all my kids and all the invites I get for all the yummy foods they cook. Patsy is thankful too... she likes to sniff everything I eat and if it pleases her will take the sample.... have you ever heard of a dog that likes sauerkraut???? she does...lol

Firefly

Last night I baked a chicken with carrots, oninos and garlic cloves around it in the pan. Seasoned the chicken with salt, black pepper, ground sage, thyme, and garlic powder. So tonight I made Basmati rice, then cut up the chicken breast and re-heated it in with the carrots and onions and garlic, and threw in some leftover green beans for color. There was enough juice from the chicken last night to go with the veggies and that was served over the rice. Really yummy and healthy.