Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My mom used to butter slices of white bread, put them in a brown paper bag and warm them in the oven. We couldn't get enough.
That takes me back about 50 years.
I imagine you could sprinkle with garlic salt.
I like the taste of bread lightly seasoned with garlic but I absolutely can't stand the garlic smell so I use it very sparingly. I mix a tiny bit of garlic and a good bit of parsley flakes in melted butter and olive oil then brush it onto the bread. I have several ways of heating it depending on how I want to serve up the bread.

Last edited:

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
I like the taste of bread lightly seasoned with garlic but I absolutely can't stand the garlic smell so I use it very sparingly. I mix a tiny bit of garlic and a good bit of parsley flakes in melted butter then brush it onto the bread. I have several ways of heating it depending on how I want to serve up the bread.
Yum

Kem

Citizen
Last minute change last evening and I made penne pasta with alfredo sauce and chicken for dh along with applesauce. I will use the stew meat this evening to make beef stew.

Had a good meeting with dh's doctor this morning and our oldest went with us. He is our health care proxy. The doctor and I discussed how to do a delicate balancing act with dh's meds and keep a close eye on him. We are going back in 3 weeks to evaluate the small med change.

Kem

Citizen
Kem keeping y'all in prayer. I'm sure he's in good hands
:pray
Thank you Susan. Was thankful for our son, who was a well respected paramedic for 21 years, to be there with us. He is excellent at interpreting EKGs and I am not all that good at it. The doctor is also excellent and will listen to what I have to say and what we want. She approved what we wanted and explained the med change she wanted very well. Same mediation but no longer the extended release and same dosage but I now cut the pills in half and give half in the morning and half in the afternoon rather than once per day.