Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

DMac

You've done very well Kem.

Janice, thanks for the prayers. This storm will probably hit us as a Cat 1 hurricane which is not strong. Even tonight it seems it is having a hard time getting organized. The river is our main concern. It has been high and close to flood level for a while and now with the storm surge coming they are watching it very closely.
We are prepared with lots of food and water, cat food, candles flashlights. We are ok and will just hunker down for a couple of days until it is gone.
Praying the storm not be too severe. In Houston we know of storms and flooding.

notdecieved

Sticky rice with my dipping sauce and a bowl of miso soup with pork won tons and green onions.
Went shopping today again at my Asian Market... picked up a few things and a bamboo mat, some nori sea weed, crab sticks to make sushi.... gonna try my hand at making California Rolls... sticky rice, cuke, Asian mayo and sesame seeds I already have.

anath

I Love the Lord
With the storm on it's way, we'll be eating everything we already have in the freezer over the next 3 days and that is ground chuck, 2 chicken breasts, leftover red beans and about a half of a half gallon of vanilla ice cream.

Down here, during a storm we use what we have in the fridge & freezer in case we lose power.

So tonight we'll have a hamburger patty fresh corn on cob and baby green limas.

If by chance the storm lingers over and we have no power longer than 3 days, we then will have canned goods. After that we have mre's or heater meals and a lot of dehydrated vegetables.

This will be a real rain maker and not so much a wind event, nevertheless, I've tied back my gingers, night blooming jasmine and all of my exotic plants that are planted. I have lots of hanging baskets I have taken down and all other potted plants I have moved to a safe place or inside my house. I have some huge potted plants like a 10 ft bird of paradise and about a 9 ft palm, scheffelera, banana bush, potted cane I've grouped them together on the patio and hope for the best.

We're as prepared as we can be. Now we just ask for the Lord's watch and care. He's never failed us and never will!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
With the storm on it's way, we'll be eating everything we already have in the freezer over the next 3 days and that is ground chuck, 2 chicken breasts, leftover red beans and about a half of a half gallon of vanilla ice cream.

Down here, during a storm we use what we have in the fridge & freezer in case we lose power.

So tonight we'll have a hamburger patty fresh corn on cob and baby green limas.

If by chance the storm lingers over and we have no power longer than 3 days, we then will have canned goods. After that we have mre's or heater meals and a lot of dehydrated vegetables.

This will be a real rain maker and not so much a wind event, nevertheless, I've tied back my gingers, night blooming jasmine and all of my exotic plants that are planted. I have lots of hanging baskets I have taken down and all other potted plants I have moved to a safe place or inside my house. I have some huge potted plants like a 10 ft bird of paradise and about a 9 ft palm, scheffelera, banana bush, potted cane I've grouped them together on the patio and hope for the best.

We're as prepared as we can be. Now we just ask for the Lord's watch and care. He's never failed us and never will!
:praying for your safety, and you don't lose power. Do you have a generator?

anath

I Love the Lord
no we don't and thanks for the prayers...they are appreciated very much!

Mike just came home with a sackful of hot fresh french bread!!! The owner of the bakery brought him bread. He said the restaurants were all closed so they didn't have many deliveries of french bread to make.
So don't worry about us...we'll be fat and happy as long as we have butter and french bread LOL!

Last edited:

ShilohRose

no we don't and thanks for the prayers...they are appreciated very much!
I thought about y'all as soon as I heard about this storm Wednesday night. :pray

I've been gone to see my parents in Tennessee this past week. It is very sad to see them going downhill. Daddy had a bad fall and a staph infection about 5 weeks ago, and he is still weak from that. Momma gets so easily flustered now and is so tiny, so thin. Daddy is 88, and Momma is 83. I am so far away, and I have no siblings.

I got in about 11:30 last night and then couldn't sleep because my legs hurt so badly from the long drive, so I'm pretty tired. I'm not sure what's for supper tonight. I kinda hope I can let it slide and we can order pizza or something like that. I had to get up and take care of some things this morning: scheduling an appointment for the backflow system to be certified functional for another year, a call to a tax expert because of some money issues I inadvertently goofed up, an appointment to make for one of the cars, a trip to Walmart, and an unpleasant stop at the veterinarian because of some care issues with Cherry. Let's just say that I was extremely unhappy with what they did. She's a good veterinarian, but the newest vet tech was not so good. I had to make it very clear that I wanted no one to do anything to our dog unless they ask us first. I get hot under the collar just thinking about it now. I was able to keep the anger under control, so that we can still go back to this vet if we decide to. It's a good thing I was out of town when this happened though. If I'd been here, my reaction wouldn't have been pretty. Without going into details, I still can't believe they would do such a procedure without anesthesia, and then they didn't even ask permission to do it! I'm getting steamed again, so I better hush about it. :mad:

Andy C

We are empty nesters for a few days, neither of us felt like cooking, so off to bring home our favorite wings. One hour later, something we have not done once since we moved here 2 years ago, we went to the Dairy Queen 2 miles from our house and each of us had a blizzard. Im glad I quit sleeping on my stomach years ago, because tonight I would wobble off the bed. Its going to be a long run in the morning to break even on calories....

Andy C

Today was day 13 of a 14 day road trip. Here in Atlanta we're staying with parent of a friend of my sons. They served us up some Atlantic Salmon grilled on top of a slab of Himalayan salt. Tomorrow we arrive at my son's destination, Fort Gordon in Augusta.
Coming from Alaska weather, to Atlanta in the summer, Im surprised you even go outside. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Coming from Alaska weather, to Atlanta in the summer, Im surprised you even go outside. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
It is quite a shock, and running in this climate after coming from Alaska is an interesting challenge. When I'm done, I don't dry, I stay wet... I'm not used to that :)

My son and I each had a bowl of Bert's chili at a Waffle House for dinner.

notdecieved

Well, I had a mess with my Sushi roll... first off my rice was too moist :oops: ... second I didn't like the fake crab sticks (see if I can't find a Deli with Crab salad) ... third I didn't have an avocado but made it anyways :whistle... 4th nori was strong and with rice being moist... nori was too moist... the best thing about the whole thing was the rice was real tasty with my dipping sauce :thumbsup and the cuke was good too.... the roll turned out pretty good, but if rice was dryer would have been great. :thumbup
But, I am not defeated... :unsure I will try again one day soon.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Thank you so much for the prayers. The Lord has answered and the storm will not cause a lot of rain afterall. No 20+ rainfall will occur but we'll have significant rain just the same.
Thank you all for prayer.

We'll have another hamburger tonight
Susan glad to hear it won't be as serious. We were watching online where they had the flood gates up for protection. Onion burgers and tater tots.