Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by mbrown1219, Jan 19, 2014.

1. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Happy Anniversary Sandy and Mac!!!:bighugY'all have a wonderful time tonight!

Tonight we're having chicken again but tonight will be bbqed in the oven. cream corn and green peas

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Well-Known Member

Trader Joe's Orange Chicken. It is the only frozen chicken I have ever tried thatactually has a CRISPY exterior when prepared properly. Mmmm. I'll serve it in a bed of Jasmine Rice. Doesn't get too much better than that (at least as far as frozen foods go... although TJ's Chicken Tikka Massalla is right up there with it).

3. Jonathan

Happy Anniversary!!! Have a great time!

4. Jonathan

Domino's has really upped their game over the past few years. I used to hate it, but now find myself ordering it at least twice a month.

5. Jonathan

Yup! It comes down to osmosis. I am not sure if the brine is absorbed first and then the salt is drawn back out, or it is the other way around, but it is the key to a great bird. Especially Turkey.

6. Kem

Kem Citizen

My dear dil brought over some homemade chicken veggie soup and cut up fruit for our supper and some blueberry pancakes that will just need a warm up for tomorrow's breakfast.

7. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Been brining chicken for years. Yes the brine is absorbed and this plumps the chicken up with moisture. It really works well with chicken breasts that otherwise would easily dry out in the cooking process

8. Kem

Kem Citizen

My dil just took my husband into the ER at the Medical Center. His 02 level is only 90 and that is just not good. He has a number of medical issues and his doctor wanted him to be seen. I am ill also and she kindly offered to take him. Of course he is going under strong protest but I told him he had to period.

9. Jonathan

:pray

10. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

Oh Kem, I just came back on, and saw this. Praying for him and you.

Been pretty tired of late, feeling a bit better again. Son and dil coming to dinner tonight, Ribs, Salad, Potatoes for carb eaters, and Jello for dessert.

11. Amity

Amity Well-Known Member

Praying he feels better.

12. Amity

Amity Well-Known Member

Praying for both of you!

13. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Praying for y'all. You surely do have one caring DIL! Lord bless her

14. Kem

Kem Citizen

She is an angel. They are keeping him overnight. Saying influenza rather than pneumonia. His many health issues complicate the influenza.

15. Kem

Kem Citizen

Putting him in the ICU

16. Kem

Kem Citizen

Blood pressure dropping. Not good at this point but not horrible either.

17. Kem

Kem Citizen

Thank you so much for praying!

18. yeshua'sbride

yeshua'sbride ♥ Standing with Israel