Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by mbrown1219, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Kem

Kem Citizen

Rerun of last night but will likely make mashed potato to have instead of the biscuits.

ShilohRose, Mary Cole, chaser and 7 others like this.
  2. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

Showing heavily. I am driving through taco bell on the way home, my first junk food in months, too tired to cook.

ShilohRose, Mary Cole, chaser and 8 others like this.
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan Well-Known Member

I'm making dinner for my mom tonight, after she has gotten back from a long trip to the western part of the state.

Anybody into Trader Joe's? I just recently discovered their Tikka Masala which is excellent, so I picked up their Bruschetta sauce and plan to make Bruschetta with a french baguette. The trick is to toast a slice and then scrape a raw garlic glove over the surface to give it that "bite," and they brush a little olive oil over it before placing the topping on it. Fresh basil works wonders too. Of course, if you hate garlic that won't work.

Then I am going to have the second course as some fresh 4 cheese ravioli I picked up at Earth Share placed in standard Bertolli Vodka sauce (yea, I know, standard, supermarket fare, but it really is good!) I'll shave some fresh parmegian over it and call it a meal.

I couldn't find the famous ginger snaps at TJ's this time, that would have made an excellent dessert.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  4. Jonathan

Snowing? ;P Hey, ever so often, a good meal at fast food can hit the spot. It gets old quickly if you do it on a regular basis though, in my opinion. Unless you live near an In N' Out Burger. In which case, I'd spend all my time there.

ShilohRose, Mary Cole, chaser and 9 others like this.
  5. notdecieved

notdecieved Well-Known Member

A grilled cheese sandwich on chipmunk bread, 3 slices of cheese, and a sliver of onion. Too lazy to do any other cooking.

6. caligal

caligal Well-Known Member

I think we are just going to have a tombstone pizza.

Nope! Mac isn't in the mood for pizza. Don't know what we are going to do and don't much care because I have had no appetite. Cream of wheat sounds good to me......

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  7. caligal

caligal Well-Known Member

Guess what....we're having the pizza after all!:lolsign:pizza Kind of like a late snack.:roflmao

ShilohRose, Mary Cole, chaser and 9 others like this.
  8. Anewcreationinjesus

Anewcreationinjesus Well-Known Member

Am drinking coffee at the moment but when the kids get home it'll be homemade Bolognese for them and chicken pasta bake for me...might attempt that carrot cake later ...

ShilohRose, Mary Cole, anath and 9 others like this.
  9. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Yesterday Mike and I smoked a Boston butt pork roast and made some bbq beans as well as bbq sandwich. Mike's younger brother and younger sister came over. We had Louisiana strawberries 'crops are just in'. I made an angel food cake and we had store bought Redi-Whip cream on top and another King cake too.
    We pigged out and it was fun!

***************************************************************************************

That was written last night but somehow it wasn't posted.

I have an especially good pot of red beans going, I can tell by the smell that the spices are coming together for a great flavor...yippee! I just love a good pot of beans!!! We'll have rice of course and hopefully I can run get some fresh french bread later.

10. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Boneless pork loin with mac & cheese.

11. Kem

Kem Citizen

Hamburgers with mild salsa for tonight. Having kind of a pain day so simple will be good.

We had the termite inspector do a check up and all is good so that is a concern we need not have for another year or so.

12. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

Crockpot pot roast with onions, and leftover veggies. Brush with diverticulitis on Saturday, getting over it.

The 102 yr old caused a little drama this week, just a bit more stress than anyone needed, all is well ---but family is a sure cure for low blood pressure ya know? Tried to make dh go behind his sister's back and do something sketchy that he knew sister in law would be worried about. Needed help because dh can help him with his electronic banking, because he is a bit too frail to totter over to the bank and do sketchy stuff himself.

We said no, we don't go behind anyone's back, so there was a tantrum, took a week complete with "I'm dying!!!!" kind of phone calls almost nightly, then he repented and fessed up to sister in law, and all is well again. Love him, love having him around, want him to live longer yet, but when you love people they sometimes come with a little bit extra hoo ha. And with grandpa, every once in a while it's like it's too quiet, and then he makes sure of some extra hoo ha. Who needs daytime TV when you got family?

If I ever sound like I am a bit too super church ladyish or like my life a perfect-- do remember these moments! Just in case mine was looking too orderly, here's my reality. Less Norman Rockwell painting and more like The Addam's Family cartoon!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    ShilohRose, Mary Cole, anath and 7 others like this.
  13. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

In N' Out is my favorite burger joint. Simple, inexpensive, consistently delicious... We don't have one in our state but I look for them when I'm traveling.

Tonight We're having yakitori chicken stir fry.

ShilohRose, Mary Cole, anath and 8 others like this.
  14. Jonathan

I know, right? In n' Out is amazing. It doesn't hurt that they have a Christian ethos, but seriously, when it comes to good food, it doesn't matter to me. I often joke that there were only a few things that allowed me to survive in Southern California, and one of the was In N' Out. Furthermore, all the employees always seemed super happy and gracious. This could have been directions on high from their managers but it felt real to me. It sounds like a good place to work.

Short story: I was living in central, downtown LA but had to get my In and out fix. I drove down to the one right by LAX (a 25 minute journey), ordered my meal, and as I was at the takeout window, I realized I left my wallet at home. They said "No problem." They gave me my food anyhow. Naturally, I came back two hours later and paid up (the guy I talked to wasn't sure what was going on).

Great company, and great management. I hope they never change. But I do hope they expand. People on the east coast don't know what they are missing.

ShilohRose, Mary Cole, Kem and 9 others like this.
  15. notdecieved

notdecieved Well-Known Member

Opened a small can of corned beef, fried some onions until tender and then added the corn beef...(If I was making western sandwiches, I would have added an egg and stirred it in) warmed my last of the green beans and put soya sauce and butter in ... and fried 1/3 of a red pepper.

Mary Cole, Kem, anath and 5 others like this.
  16. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Chicken, baked potatoes, and cream style corn.

17. Almost Heaven

You got that right!

18. Almost Heaven

Rosemary chicken and roasted mixed up veggies on the side.

19. Anewcreationinjesus

Anewcreationinjesus Well-Known Member

Just did my carrot cake yay!! Going to mix some cream cheese frosting and spread it on the top, ds is having jacket potatoes and cheese, dh having tagliatelle Alfredo and when dd returns from an unscheduled pitstop at her high school friends house, then she is having steak which no doubt ds will want a bit of, then following everyone having a slice of the carrot cake once frosted (which I will simply sell to ds as "cake" or he may not even try it!!!) ...then it's nandos style chicken for me :) ...am in the meantime going to take a couple more Andy woods notes on John 11 to prepare for my weekly study chat with mum ... :)

Update - the kids know that should I work in an office again that my cooking schedule may have to lessen!! I really enjoy it though :) Obviously only the lord knows re how short the time seems etc etc ...

20. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven