Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by mbrown1219, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Mary Cole

Mary Cole Well-Known Member

Tonight I'm just doing leftovers from 2 nights ago. I slow cooked a nice chuck roast with beef broth and bay leaves for 8 hours, and made some au gratin potatoes and some buttered brussels sprouts. For dessert, I made some apple pie filling stuffed in puff pastry shells topped with whipped cream.

ShilohRose, Kem, caligal and 7 others like this.
  2. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

Mary how Great to see you! :bouncies

ShilohRose, Kem, caligal and 6 others like this.
  3. Mary Cole

Oh how I've missed you!!!! :meet:ring

ShilohRose, Kem, caligal and 5 others like this.
  4. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

OH MARY!!!! We missed YOU so very much. I've prayed for you off and on, and I wish I could just give you the biggest real life hug. SO GOOD TO SEE YOU! MUCH LOVE!!!!! and hugs :D:hug

5. athenasius

I got so excited, I forgot I came to post what's for dinner. Mary seeing you again is such a JOY!

Oh yeah, pork steaks and a small yam between us.

I woke up with a near migraine, feeling ill yesterday with something like a migraine too but all it was I think was getting back on the low carb after indulging just a wee bitty bit tooooooo much over the Christmas season, and that always equals feeling icky while the body adjusts the different enzymes. I've been thru it before, and it passes quickly. Annoying. But the weight is coming off. I gained 6 lbs, and 3 have left the building so to speak, so back on track. I include this for the sake of any beginner lowcarbers. It passes. And what is seriously annoying is that my body never objects like that when I go OFF the low carb diet. Just when I get back in line. But the recent bout with asthma pointed me back onto my diet because I mostly use it to keep my auto immune stuff in check. Feeling better now.

6. Mary Cole

There she is! I've been thinking about you all day, wondering when I would hear from you. I've missed you so much. I posted in the prayer request thread. It explains why I've been gone. :bighug:meet:hug

ShilohRose, Kem, caligal and 4 others like this.
  7. athenasius

Oh I will go right there.

8. notdecieved

notdecieved Well-Known Member

Forgot about Caribou.... Was up visiting my cousin in Inuvik a bunch of years back in the middle of winter... and noticed in their grocery store they could sell Caribou meat... I was shocked, cause never thought they could sell wild meat in any store... Never tasted it, but will take your word for it TT... hugs...

Tonight youngest daughter had us all over again for another turkey dinner, with all the fixin's.... had a chance to play and hug and cuddle all the littles again... just love being with my kids and their kids, and their kids.. .lol ... gives me a lot of joy and feel so blessed..

Good to see you back with us again Mary... God Bless...

9. Mary Cole

:thankyou

10. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and corn. It is bright outside we have 3-5" of snow.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  11. Mary Cole

I just heated up a piping hot bowlful of homemade chicken/rice/veggie soup for lunch. I don't know what I'm gonna do about supper yet. I still have some leftover slowcooked roast beef that needs to be eaten soon. Maybe an open-faced sandwich with bread topped with roast beef and gravy, topped with mashed potatoes and a veggie side.

12. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

Slow cooked then broiled pork bbq back ribs

13. Forgiven1

Forgiven1 Well-Known Member

Ham steaks with rutabega soup is on the menu for tonight.

14. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

I had the carb headache yesterday too! It usually passes in a day or two! No idea about dinner yet.

15. Mary Cole

Man oh man! We had a 10 inch snowfall overnight, and now, after I removed all the snow from my bird feeder and suet cage, there is a battle going on between about a dozen birds over the food in the feeder and cage.

16. athenasius

Well I bought a giant leek the other day, so it's white fish baked in butter and some gluten free crumbs or maybe some almond flour and butter fried leeks on top.

17. Mary Cole

The snow has now turned to sleet. The birds emptied the feeder, so I just now re-filled it and put it back out on the pole outside in front of my patio.

18. Anewcreationinjesus

Anewcreationinjesus Well-Known Member

We have about 40 sparrows in our hedge and some adopted racing pigeons who turn up every day - I want to get them a coconut half as a winter treat :) well, met my mum in town earlier and shared the encouragement this forum is to me :) it's jacket potato for my daughter for supper, quick home made pizza for my son, and a quick chicken, steamed potato and green beans combo for me... :)

19. anath

anath I Love the Lord

It's ribeye steak and noodles with alfredo sauce

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  20. notdecieved

notdecieved Well-Known Member

Last week when shopping saw a steak and kidney pie that looked good in their freezer.... it was good... will get it again sometime... also had a small bowl of tomatoes I canned in the summer...

ShilohRose, athenasius, Kem and 5 others like this.