Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by mbrown1219, Jan 19, 2014.

1. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

Oh Bernice, that is so sweet!
    Kem, so glad you and your dh are doing better.
    That sounds like an inspiration for later. I have some stew beef and a hot soup sounds lovely.

Tonight I'm doing leftover chicken and some veggie or other. Saturday night I started in with some solid asthma but it's under control now. Yesterday I got my hair done-- roots, foils, cut. Looks better for Christmas. I was looking a bit shaggy and unkempt.

ShilohRose, anath, Kem and 2 others like this.
  2. notdecieved

notdecieved Well-Known Member

Tonight gonna have my oxtails and carrots again with a side of rice to go with... enjoyed them so much last time had to have them again.

3. caligal

caligal Well-Known Member

I dunno. I have been watching the funeral all day today.

Mac wants egg salad......meh.....

4. athenasius

Oh Caligal, funeral and egg salad, that'd have anyone feeling meh. I mean I like egg salad and all, but in summer where it belongs. You need some fun to counterbalance it. I got some Costco Fruitcake today for G, it's pretty nice although I may improve it with a dash of rum or brandy. Maybe you need something fizzy and fun like cranberry juice with ginger ale or fruitcake. Which is what I plan for the next time G mentions he is missing something in his afternoon.

5. pixelpusher

pixelpusher Well-Known Member

Watching the briquettes burn before I put these turkey breast tenderloins on. Broccoli and mashed taters.

"Global like" on all prior posts! : )

6. Kem

Kem Citizen

Hamburgers for supper tonight. Dh wanted a small dish of ice cream to go with.

7. anath

anath I Love the Lord

I love to cook and would love to have you come by for a bowl or plate or to even give away some of our excessive nuts and bolts! :hug

ShilohRose, Andy C, caligal and 5 others like this.
  8. Kem

Kem Citizen

Chuck roast and small red potatoes in the crock pot for this evening. I picked up some roast veggies from the deli yesterday which will go with.

Lovely day here with lots of sunshine and a temp of 60 so far. Dh is a bit better every day and planted the holly I bought into the container in front of the garage. It is one that produces lovely red berries without a pollinator and came with plenty of red berries already. :)

9. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn.

10. anath

anath I Love the Lord

About to make a pot of spaghetti sauce.

11. Kerbluey

Kerbluey Well-Known Member

We had Bisquick sausage balls in biscuit form. I love sausage balls but don’t like rolling out 500 million of them.

12. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

Easy and light dinner tonight, soft tortilla tacos. Im saving room in the old feed bag for tomorrows cookie making extravaganza in our house. 5 cooks, and one official taster - Me. I have a feeling nap time will come early tomorrow but I will have to sleep on my back so I dont wobble off the bed.

13. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Oh Andy, enjoy the treats and all the fun!

ShilohRose, caligal, Kem and 3 others like this.
  14. notdecieved

Lazy and easy tonight.... warmed up a can of vegetable soup and a little cream and butter then added some ramen noodles I had boiled on the side.... I love lots of noodles... was real good.

15. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

I will certainly enjoy. I have never gained weight during the holidays, but tomorrow is a different story for one day. Sugar induced Energy outburst :bluesclues is the plan for tomorrow, and by night time, nobody will be home inside my hat rack.:dilbert

ShilohRose, caligal, Kem and 4 others like this.
  16. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

There are days when I would choose ramen noodles over a prime cut NY Steak.

ShilohRose, caligal, Kem and 3 others like this.
  17. athenasius

Hi all, I made chicken leftovers for the third and final time tonight. Glad though. I'm a touch tired.

G had his lab work done this morning at 7 am and thanks to the new system, our GP was able to give us the results instead of next week at G's appt this morning at 9 am.

He is now down to normal with that tumour, which secretes Prolactin-- normal in breastfeeding mothers, not in 68 yr old men. Normal is below 18. When G was diagnosed it was 1521. Yep. That. 1521. Not 18 or lower. Because till G was going blind with this tumour, all that happened was headaches which everyone has to some extent. He mentioned them many times but.

First 2 doses of the drug brought it down to 70.

This morning he was at 5. WELL within the NORMAL RANGE!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO

Amazing answer to prayer.

18. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

That is great news about your husband! Tell him Congratulations on his results.:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo

19. notdecieved

Yes prayer works miracles... I've seen it happen so many times... there is absolutely no doubting... Praise God for George's results... a big hug to both of you.

20. Kem

Kem Citizen

Wow! praising God with you!!!!! \o/