Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

athenasius

Had to get a few groceries today... picked up a couple nice fresh cheese buns and some ham slices for my supper...and a few other things... as I am leaving check out... this young man... comes from behind me and grabs me gently and kisses me three times... you can imagine the looks I must have had from the people behind me in the line up.... I thought it was real funny... the young man was my youngest son... we both shop at the same store. He once told me he kisses 3 times... cause they mean "I love you". Can you imagine what was going on in those peoples heads when they watched that scenario .... hope it made their day!
Oh Bernice, that is so sweet!
Kem, so glad you and your dh are doing better.
Oh dear, the nuts and bolts is so good and I have gone and done a stupid thing by grabbing a handful a few minutes ago... there's no stopping once you start!

Making vegetable soup but it will be more of a stew since I put a large amount of stew meat in it.
That sounds like an inspiration for later. I have some stew beef and a hot soup sounds lovely.

Tonight I'm doing leftover chicken and some veggie or other. Saturday night I started in with some solid asthma but it's under control now. Yesterday I got my hair done-- roots, foils, cut. Looks better for Christmas. I was looking a bit shaggy and unkempt.

athenasius

Oh Caligal, funeral and egg salad, that'd have anyone feeling meh. I mean I like egg salad and all, but in summer where it belongs. You need some fun to counterbalance it. I got some Costco Fruitcake today for G, it's pretty nice although I may improve it with a dash of rum or brandy. Maybe you need something fizzy and fun like cranberry juice with ginger ale or fruitcake. Which is what I plan for the next time G mentions he is missing something in his afternoon.

Kem

Citizen
Chuck roast and small red potatoes in the crock pot for this evening. I picked up some roast veggies from the deli yesterday which will go with.

Lovely day here with lots of sunshine and a temp of 60 so far. Dh is a bit better every day and planted the holly I bought into the container in front of the garage. It is one that produces lovely red berries without a pollinator and came with plenty of red berries already. :)

Andy C

Easy and light dinner tonight, soft tortilla tacos. Im saving room in the old feed bag for tomorrows cookie making extravaganza in our house. 5 cooks, and one official taster - Me. I have a feeling nap time will come early tomorrow but I will have to sleep on my back so I dont wobble off the bed.

athenasius

Hi all, I made chicken leftovers for the third and final time tonight. Glad though. I'm a touch tired.

G had his lab work done this morning at 7 am and thanks to the new system, our GP was able to give us the results instead of next week at G's appt this morning at 9 am.

He is now down to normal with that tumour, which secretes Prolactin-- normal in breastfeeding mothers, not in 68 yr old men. Normal is below 18. When G was diagnosed it was 1521. Yep. That. 1521. Not 18 or lower. Because till G was going blind with this tumour, all that happened was headaches which everyone has to some extent. He mentioned them many times but.

First 2 doses of the drug brought it down to 70.

This morning he was at 5. WELL within the NORMAL RANGE!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO

Amazing answer to prayer.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Hi all, I made chicken leftovers for the third and final time tonight. Glad though. I'm a touch tired.

G had his lab work done this morning at 7 am and thanks to the new system, our GP was able to give us the results instead of next week at G's appt this morning at 9 am.

He is now down to normal with that tumour, which secretes Prolactin-- normal in breastfeeding mothers, not in 68 yr old men. Normal is below 18. When G was diagnosed it was 1521. Yep. That. 1521. Not 18 or lower. Because till G was going blind with this tumour, all that happened was headaches which everyone has to some extent. He mentioned them many times but.

That is great news about your husband! Tell him Congratulations on his results.:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo

notdecieved

Yes prayer works miracles... I've seen it happen so many times... there is absolutely no doubting... Praise God for George's results... a big hug to both of you.