Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by mbrown1219, Jan 19, 2014.

1. caligal

caligal Well-Known Member

TT they tampered with the way they cut it, and the pressure cookers they use now are not as good as the old ones. They messed with everything but the recipe, and ruined it. I like Golden Corrals' fried chicken better now. Their mashed taters are better too.

I didn't go to the hospital today. Mac was in a lot of pain and they were busy getting him out of bed and he was in a fowl mood so I kept my big mouth home and rested.:D I will go tomorrow afternoon and stay until sis comes to see him after she gets off work at 7:30, and then we are going to supper before she drops me off at home.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    ShilohRose, athenasius, anath and 5 others like this.
  2. Kem

Kem Citizen

Glad to see you still have power Cali! It is getting very windy here but we still have power thankfully and hopefully will not lose it. At least my morning coffee is on board so all is good. :D

3. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Sirloin steak, baked potatoes, Jeff-French style green beans, and Janice-Brussel sprouts.

ShilohRose, Kem, notdecieved and 3 others like this.
  4. anath

anath I Love the Lord

I've got a lot of chicken spaghetti saved in the freezer from last week that I need to use. I suppose we'll have green beans with it

Glad you are getting some rest Cali

ShilohRose, Kem, notdecieved and 3 others like this.
  5. Jonathan

Jonathan Well-Known Member

Been taking it super simple the last few days. Despite my love for home-made gourmet food, I've been dining on standard white bread deli-meat turkey sandwiches with Dijon mustard. Pretty simple but hits the spot. Easy on the wallet also and simple to throw together.

ShilohRose, Kem, notdecieved and 4 others like this.
  6. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

I though it was just here in Canada, since they outlawed trans fats and some of the msg stuff. It does taste different. Not as good. (I tried it a few years back before going gluten free and it just doesn't hold a candle to what it used to be)

OK all, first off chicken tonight, haven't a clue how I'm going to cook it, likely easy as possible.

George's eye surgeon is referring him to a neurosurgeon, and that appointment will likely be in the next few days, he said 4-7 days, with surgery as soon as possible after that.

He has a growth, the eye surgeon has seen this type before, it's on the pituitary, and once it gets big enough to affect vision things need dealing with fast even though as he said "it's NOT likely cancerous". The skull is a closed space, and the surgery needs to be ASAP to keep George's vision from deteriorating further or worse problems starting to happen. Brain tumours even when they aren't cancerous are serious stuff.

I'll let you know further when we know more, but for right now, things could start happening quick so I'll be mostly just in here. I don't want to start a big prayer thread, the Lord knows our needs, and I'm happy to let you know and as the Lord impresses on you to pray, pray.

Otherwise don't worry, we are focusing on praising God it isn't worse, and that in spite of our crazy Canadian system, when really needed, sometimes you get to jump to the front of the great Canadian lineup. This seems to be one of those times. As always our hope is in the LORD for the healing, as He wills He can heal George direct or use a surgeon. And if healing is not possible, we will continue to praise our Lord for His blessings and His peace and provision in all circumstances.

So while I wanted to launch a long interesting thread on the use of Russian mercenaries in North Africa (and I still might), I might be a little bit quieter than usual. And my thoughts might be a bit scattered.

Love
    M

ShilohRose, Patiently..., Kem and 6 others like this.
  7. Jonathan

Don't do it if it is not in the cards, but I always enjoy reading your posts on Geopolitics. They are quite intelligent.

ShilohRose, athenasius, Kem and 3 others like this.
  8. caligal

caligal Well-Known Member

So glad George is getting in quickly. I know how serious medical problems can scatter your focus.
    We got next to nothing here from the storm, but the devastation just to the east of us is catastrophic. It could have been much worse if people had not listened and stayed the death toll would have been unimaginable.
    My son will pick me up after work and take me to the hospital and then sis will come up to the room to see Mac and take me home. Mac said they will release him some time tomorrow. He is still in a lot of pain.

ShilohRose, athenasius, Kem and 5 others like this.
  9. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Oh I am glad too that he doesn't have to wait! I respect your wishes in not wanting to start prayer thread...the Lord knows George's needs and we will be asking Him to meet each need.
    I'm glad y'all will get this dealt with and have it all over with soon:hug

10. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

Not really in an eating mood today. I am just making grilled cheese.

ShilohRose, caligal, anath and 5 others like this.
  11. Jonathan

Nothing wrong with that (as long as it isn't a health issue). I've been in the same mood myself the last few days.

12. Kem

Kem Citizen

Praying for George and you Margery and also for Mac and Cali. :pray

There was enough linguine with sauce left to go with the steak and applesauce we had for supper. I only had the steak though and dh also had a piece of cake for dessert.

Thankfully the storm pretty much skipped by us to the north west and we only got some gusty wind and some rain but not a whole ton. It is heart breaking to see the pictures of Florida.

13. notdecieved

notdecieved Well-Known Member

Had to go up to the farm today... kids got a new German Shepherd puppy and I had to meet the lil' guy. He is so cute... only 8 weeks old, a ball of fluff and Patsy just loved him... he is more her size than their larger Shepherd, LeBon... she even got bossy with the pup, but had so much fun playing with him. They played so hard that now she is passed out on the front room carpet... and not moving an inch....
    They invited me to supper and had ham, macaroni and tomatoes (my favorite), green beans. Got my eggs again, and a cow tongue... which I will pickle... and enjoy. Will pray for all those in need... hugs to all.

ShilohRose, athenasius, Kem and 4 others like this.
  14. Luke12

Luke12 Well-Known Member

Margery I just wanted to pop in here and tell you that I enjoy your posts immensely. You are very well informed and very articulated in the way you present the information !

You guys make me hungry !... I like the grilled cheese idea and the deli-turkey sandwich idea but maybe I'll just do Chic-fil-a.

Bill

15. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Deli fried chicken with salad.

ShilohRose, caligal, Luke12 and 5 others like this.
  16. anath

anath I Love the Lord

Cali, praying for y'all. Praying his pain is easing up and that he can go home soon.

If I feel industrious enough, I'm thinking about shrimp fettuccine alfredo if not, shrimp scampi over linguine

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    ShilohRose, caligal, Luke12 and 5 others like this.
  17. Kem

Kem Citizen

Such a lovely cool and not humid morning today. Truly a nice change from the hot and humid we have been having though of course this is no longer swimming pool weather.

Lamb shanks are on the menu for this evening with the last of the linguine for dh. Probably a small green salad for both and the last piece of caramel cake for dh. I'm sure he is getting tired of it by now but poor guy always winds up having to eat the whole thing.

ShilohRose, caligal, Luke12 and 4 others like this.
  18. anath

anath I Love the Lord

It is cool here too Kem and it is a perfectly beautiful day. Such a pleasant surprise!

19. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

It's a sacrifice he is willing to make I'm sure!!!! I so seldom bother to bake anymore that when I do serve a sweet it's a momentous occasion and George is more than happy to make sure there aren't any leftovers.

Tonight I'm trying out a new recipe from my old Taste of Homes, its a beef and barley vegetable soup (looks more like a stew). Barley does have some gluten in it, but it's never given me trouble in small amounts.

We got the fall flu shots done and out of the way before everything starts to happen, that way his immunity will be up pre and post op as the flu season might get going then although more likely around the end of November into early January.

I figured we will feel a bit poorly after the shots, and we can eat soup for a couple of days. Sunday is over at daughter in laws. And we are doing well. Settling down to some peace and quiet.

Praying for you and Mac, Caligal and for your poor Florida panhandle neighbors, who've been hit hard. Thanking the Lord it spared you two.

20. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

Making a chicken, broccoli, rice casserole for my DD family. I would love to make a meal out of appetizers for dinner tonight for me...who knows!