Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Kem

Citizen
Thank you so much! I love you all. Want also to say how kind our Father is to have given me you all for friends and for His kindness in placing me in this southern community where DH and I were at the clubhouse with about 80 other people when her texts came in to me. Two of the ladies at our table immediately took me into the small and much quieter exercise room and we held hands and prayed.

athenasius

This thread was started by our Mary Brown sweet :) sister who has gone to heaven, and remember her for the fellowship :ring at RF. I also first had fellowship :ringwith Mary at RR. This thread is in memory of Mary Brown our sister in Christ.:bighug We will miss :( you until we meet you in heaven!:amen
This thread is a tribute to Mary and her love of our Lord and the body of Christ! Till we meet again Mary!!!! We miss her here, but look forward to a soon return of Christ in which SHE gets to go to the FRONT of the line!!!! She gets her new and improved perfect body before the rest of us! What a blessing she has been to all of us.

Well, my asthma got a bit worse, and then something happened to my shoulder and I was just sidelined for a bit. it's been getting smokier here but way worse up north. At 7am, the sun was supposedly up, but my friend in Prince George sent a photo, and it's black as night. The streetlights were on, and the sky was black. A lot of northern BC communities are being evacuated and it's seemingly getting the stuff that didn't burn last year. Down here in Kamloops, it's a brownish yellow fog haze of smoke. You can see a couple of blocks barely, but more than that is just lost in the fog.

Thanking the Lord for the 2 big and 1 little air filters. 2 are HEPA and one is a near HEPA. 2 are whole house units, and 1 is a big room unit, and that one is beside me as I type in George's office. They are going full tilt but the smoke in our apartment with all the windows shut, is burning the nose and throat a bit.

I'm planning some Salmon fillets for supper, and probably carrots. I'm not inspired but it''s easy. Easy works for me.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Not sure if I will be able to eat tonight, will fix some pan fried fish and a veggie for dh.
My much loved daughter in law just heard from the surgeon after her MRI. He wants her to come in next week (his earliest possible appointment) He said to be sure to bring in family. That sounds like cancer. Please ladies, please pray. She is so dear to me.
:prayers for a good report on your DIL! In Jesus Name!:amen

athenasius

Not sure if I will be able to eat tonight, will fix some pan fried fish and a veggie for dh.
My much loved daughter in law just heard from the surgeon after her MRI. He wants her to come in next week (his earliest possible appointment) He said to be sure to bring in family. That sounds like cancer. Please ladies, please pray. She is so dear to me.
Oh sweetie, I WILL be praying!!!!

notdecieved

Margery, so sorry the smoke is getting to you... not good... our smoke lifted a bit today, we could see our close hills again... but this evening was right back thick again. Sad that we lost our Dear Mary, but she beat us to heaven and enjoying the company of our Lord Jesus with her new body. Oh to have our new bodies with no pain and lots of energy again and be in the company of our Jesus would be so wonderful... I pray he comes soon, this world is getting so evil and everything is just upside down... evil is good and good is evil... so many possessed people or insane people...Governments are despicable... line their own pockets, don't do anything for veterans, and the homeless... so sad.... but HE warned us what it would be like in the last days. He promised not to flood us again, but told us things would burn in the last days... his word is starting to come true.
Kem praying for your dear DIL... that all will be well with her report... Jesus is our healer and he told us to just ask for what we want.... with all our combined prayers, am sure he will hear and help her. We are family of the God of the Universe, He knows what we need even before we ask!!!
Tonight was my beef noodle soup again. Patsy even liked it.

ShilohRose

We had tacos and smothered enchiladas last night. It's after 4:00, and I slept for a few minutes. I'll be worthless today. I got stressed over getting all of the paperwork together to title our cars in VA, register them and get new driver's licenses. I never changed my last name on my social security card after we married -- which was a long time ago! I'm hoping that won't be a problem, and I hope we have a certified copy of our marriage certificate somewhere, too. Bureaucracy, ugh!

I'm so sorry to hear that about your daughter-in-law, Kem, and I hope the fires are quickly extinguished up in the far north country. :pray :pray :pray

Diane B

We had grilled salmon with roasted red potatoes and green beans.

Dinner is a challenge at times in my house. My husband won't eat fruit. My oldest son (21) is diabetic and has celiac, so no gluten (rye, wheat, barley). My oldest daughter (almost 19) won't eat bread (but likes cinnamon rolls, breadsticks, pizza, ...yeah). My 12 year old is just plain picky; he is somewhere on the autism spectrum we think. Our youngest (9) used to eat pretty much everything, but has been pickier. For a while my daughter was low-carb/low glycemic index, so that threw a whole new wrench into planning. Sometimes I just cook what most of us like and tell the others to live with it. Fortunately, they all like: salmon, meatloaf, carnitas, chicken tacos, black pepper chicken, spaghetti, bacon (of course), and salads, and of course pizza and chicken nuggets/strips. (But you can't eat that all the time.)

bap

Well, I want to be in this thread surrounded by so much love, but have not been able physically to cook AND I have to eat low sodium for my bp and heart so don't feel like I would fit in. I kept bypassing it because of that knowing I could not share even though I used to love to cook.

Could not bear to continue to read the pray for Mary thread as i suspected she was dying, but hoping not even though I never knew her. I ......

athenasius

Oh Bap, don't worry a minute! Pull up a chair and join in the fun!

Our dear Mary who began this, for many years was living as a nomad and she often posted what she ate at restaurants. Several of us have serious health issues that limit our food choices quite a bit. Caligal springs to mind, maybe she'll chime in and explain, but some of us like Kem are doing a very restricted diet, she is doing Keto for migraine control, and George and I do a moderate low carb so you'll rarely see me listing bread, noodles, pizza or potatoes as sides. He is low salt per drs orders, and I'm gluten free as well as low carb because I've got a bothersome auto immune problem where parts of my body get crabby and attack themselves. Lungs, bowels, skin, thyroid and sometimes when I get tired or stressed my balance goes SIDEWAYS hehehe, couldn't resist a bad joke. But it's a fair bit better when I keep the carbs down to a dull roar and don't eat gluten, or carbs.

I often think my dinner choice boils down to some kinda meat and some kinda veggie. I forgot, I'm allergic to beans, peas, legumes and peanuts and lentils and soy. Sometimes I indulge in wheat or beans or peanuts but when I do I pay. I get pain, gut pain, joint pain and itching.

So list what you like or not at all and just tell us about your day.

I frequently post things of serious interest, like if I got the laundry all caught up, or the fact that George and I were out getting groceries at Safeway or Walmart. Or hitting the town for seniors day at Rexall pharmacy for an extra 20% off.

As for today, we got out to Walmart, they had a sale on chickens, so I picked up one for today, and another for the freezer. I roasted it, and served it with leftover carrots from yesterday warmed up in the microwave. My culinary arts were limited to splashing the chicken with olive oil and thyme before shoving it in the oven.

Dessert? Nope. Sides? Just leftover carrots.

You'll fit right in, don't worry. Don't post anything with food, and just tell us what you've been enjoying lately or a good sermon you found, or how you like a particular hymn, or what the weather is doing in your neck of the woods. HUGS!

athenasius

Bap I cracked up one of my nieces when she called to see how the smoke is here in Kamloops, and I told her that her uncle and I were about to go out on a DATE at the Rexall to pick up some 20% off Ovol, so he could burp better for 20% off! It was last Tuesday, otherwise known in our house as SENIORS DAY at the Rexall.