Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

caligal

I am going to fry some Bob Evans little link sausages and serve them with a hash brown and scrambled egg casserole.

Had a toffee ice cream bar last night. It was good, but it makes me pay for it. Not too bad though.:hehheh

anath

I Love the Lord
Baked chicken breasts with potatoes. Got some baby limas I'll heat up.
Baked some sugar cookies (old fashioned tea cakes to be exact) last night for when we want something sweet.

caligal

We are having grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches and deviled eggs tonight, and I have a dark chocolate cake cooling for fluffy vanilla frosting.

livin_in_the_Son

Hubby and I are having chili and cheese hot dogs, it's what he wanted. The kids will just have regular hot dogs. We were gonna have fries with them...but two trips to the store, and no fries, or potatoes were bought...so we'll make due with chips.

araj54

:thinking: Grilled cheese and bacon :elmogrin May have to try that.
I make grilled pastrami and cheese, those are good.

Had homemade navy bean and ham soup and crackers.
It's 40 degrees and raining with 20 mph winds here (hot soup weather still)

livin_in_the_Son

:thinking: Grilled cheese and bacon :elmogrin May have to try that.
I make grilled pastrami and cheese, those are good.

I like grilled cheese with green bell peppers on it. I'm so trying the bacon next...My oldest son likes his with mozz cheese, pepperoni and pizza sauce on the side for dunking. :cool:

caligal

I put a squirt of mustard on the cheese and then add the bacon. Now if it is my samwich I put some mozzarella on top of the bacon.:hehheh

Kem

Citizen
Today there is a whole free range chicken in the crockpot seasoned with sage, basil, cumin, salt and a little dried orange peel. No recipe, just guessing on these herbs to we will see. :lol: With it a green salad, rice and maybe some corn. Cupcakes for dessert that dh will eat and I will resist. :lol:

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Today there is a whole free range chicken in the crockpot seasoned with sage, basil, cumin, salt and a little dried orange peel. No recipe, just guessing on these herbs to we will see. :lol: With it a green salad, rice and maybe some corn. Cupcakes for dessert that dh will eat and I will resist. :lol:

Another "kitchen scientist"! :lol:

Patiently...

I hate to say it but I was so tired when I got home I didn't feel like cooking so we had pot pies courtesy of Banquet!:hehheh

Last edited:

livin_in_the_Son

Chicken tenderloins, coated in bread crumbs mixed with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning, baked until crispy. Served with corn, and pineapple chunks.

Peppermint ice cream, or popcorn for after-dinner treat.

REKG

Ya'll be making me hungry.. how about grilled porch possum with bake taters, greens and cornbread. Now that is high cotton eating. (Just kidding Bro's & Sisters):cool2:

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Hey we can take a joke in this thread.

BUT...don't bring that meal to the potluck! Unless you and Larry (WaitingOnHim) open a road-kill table way over in the back 40... for all you strange guys!

:hug

anath

I Love the Lord
fried catfish & french fries...couldn't get coordinated enough to do hushpuppies since Mike was unable to help tonight.
Gonna bake a (box cake mix) devil's food sheet cake later on tonight and possibly make hot fudge cake tomorrow.
Y'all enjoy!

caligal

Last night Mac and I went to Denneys. He had breakfast and I had their pot roast and chicken soup. I had to bring most of my dinner home and we brought sister pot roast. It was very good and I will eat my leftovers later today.

We had biscuits and sausage patties for brunch before we got back to work ripping out carpet and washing all the wet stuff that can be put into the washer.

"You kill it and we grill it." :pound: Love it!

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
Hey we can take a joke in this thread.

BUT...don't bring that meal to the potluck! Unless you and Larry (WaitingOnHim) open a road-kill table way over in the back 40... for all you strange guys!

:hug

Anything tastes good if you wrap it in a tortilla and put tons of hot-sauce (salsa) on it! "Road-Kill-Taco-Table on the back 40" - kinda has a ring to it!!! :thumbup

I'll see what I can "pick up" on the way home from work this evening! :hehheh