Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Tenderized pork cube steak (fried in butter & olive oil), sauteed butternut squash with onions, and warmed up leftover mac and cheese.

And I don't have to cook tonight. Someone else is the chef in this kitchen. BTW, is there a female word for chef? Chefess, chefette?

:lol:

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Of course, why could I not think of Lady Chef?

Since you are having breakfast for dinner, I am going to ask you. What was the name of the cab driver in the Denny's breakfast for dinner commercial so many years ago? I just loved that guy, and he was a famous actor once upon a time, but can I remember his name? No!

I think he looked over his shoulder at a guy in the back seat and said, "You can have breakfast for dinner anytime at Denny's", or some cute thing like that.

vmoon

I worked HARD today so no cooking. We had Chinese take-out. Now, I'm stuffed. I always eat too much when we get Chinese. :doh:

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
I worked HARD today so no cooking. We had Chinese take-out. Now, I'm stuffed. I always eat too much when we get Chinese. :doh:
Well now, I seem to remember hearing that you'll be hungry again in an hour.... if you eat Chinese food? My memory ain't what it used to be though. I could be wrong!

:hug:

vmoon

Lady Chef. Silly.....:lol:

I'm havin breakfast for dinner. Bacon, eggs and toast. :thumbup
I Love breakfast for dinner. Actually, I'd rather have breakfast for dinner than for breakfast. I'd add some grits with butter.

vmoon

:shocked You had a frozen diet dinner instead of crockpot roast? Boy, I'd walk a mile for crockpot roast, taters and carrots. :nod Probably cause as a bachelor I never make roasts.
And it's hard coming to this thread, everyone else's stuff sound so good.
Well, unfortunately this old girl needs a diet dinner a few nights a week.

vmoon

Let me tell ya what I made the other day. I made some tacos using flour tortillas and froze them. They microwave easily and make for easy meals. Matthew has eaten them all so need to make more. Thinking about getting some ground sausage, cheese and egg and make a breakfast burrito and freeze those. You can make a dozen of them without spending a lot of money. I am ALWAYS looking for ways to save money.

araj54

Thanks Viva. I have never had a breakfast burrito, but I know I would love them. Of course, I would eat them for supper.:nod

anath

I Love the Lord
Please believe me, I went to the grocery today and bought bacon and syrup so we could have breakfast for dinner tomorrow night. Gonna have scrambled eggs, bacon, grits and pancakes.
Tonight we had leftover spaghetti and it was good.

One more thing I made a packaged cake(Orange Supreme) and topped it with 7 Minute Frosting

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Please believe me, I went to the grocery today and bought bacon and syrup so we could have breakfast for dinner tomorrow night. Gonna have scrambled eggs, bacon, grits and pancakes.
Tonight we had leftover spaghetti and it was good.

One more thing I made a packaged cake(Orange Supreme) and topped it with 7 Minute Frosting
:whisper: The reason the forefathers ate breakfasts like that was because they would be out in the fields all day working off lots of...calories! Of course, they added biscuits and gravy, and fried taters too.

:pound:

:bighug

livin_in_the_Son

I added a chocolate/vanilla ice cream cone for dessert. :rolleyes
I prefer peppermint (candy cane) ice cream, double chocolate brownie ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles (jimmies) to vanilla and chocolate ice cream cone myself....but I am usually the only one. Haha!

araj54

I prefer peppermint (candy cane) ice cream, double chocolate brownie ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles (jimmies) to vanilla and chocolate ice cream cone myself....but I am usually the only one. Haha!
Yeah, I'd prefer all that and much more, but when the doc says you need to control your blood sugar with diet, I'm lucky to have an ice cream cone.

araj54

When I was growing up we had breakfast with pancakes for supper almost every Sunday. Loved it. :thumbup

Last edited: