Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I like cranberry sauce also had some for lunch with more turkey.
I made a different kind of cranberry dish this year. The recipe calls for raw cranberries, sugar
(I reduced the amount), lime zest, and lime juice processed a brief time in food processor. Nuts are optional. My family really liked it. My daughter in-law said she normally doesn't like cranberries at Thanksgiving, but she really did enjoy this. I'm with her. Cranberries aren't generally my favorite either, but I think the lime added a nice flavor.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Uncured Black Forest ham, optional giant croissant, choice of salad or fresh pineapple, and choice of cold, leftover, home-made, organic pecan pie (full of pecans under lots of pecans) or pumpkin pie (lots of CINNAMON, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves) (no soy or rBST) and whipped topping.

TT and Andy C, invisible leftover, home-made, organic pecan pie (full of pecans under lots of pecans) and pumpkin pie (lots of CINNAMON, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves) and whipped topping (no soy or rBST)

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

TimeWarpWife

Yesterday was dh's and my 41st anniversary, so we stopped by our favorite little mom and pop restaurant to order takeout, only to find a note on the door saying that after 46 years, they had decided to close it. :sad I was so sad because I just loved their Texas Beef BBQ platter with fries and coleslaw, but more than this, I loved the Christian family who had owned and operated it since 1976, they were always so friendly and their food was excellent. Really going to miss them. We stopped by Wegmans and got a large meatball sub to share, it was okay, but it sure wasn't that Texas Beef BBQ I'd been hankering for.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Yesterday was dh's and my 41st anniversary, so we stopped by our favorite little mom and pop restaurant to order takeout, only to find a note on the door saying that after 46 years, they had decided to close it. :sad I was so sad because I just loved their Texas Beef BBQ platter with fries and coleslaw, but more than this, I loved the Christian family who had owned and operated it since 1976, they were always so friendly and their food was excellent. Really going to miss them. We stopped by Wegmans and got a large meatball sub to share, it was okay, but it sure wasn't that Texas Beef BBQ I'd been hankering for.
Sorry :bighug your favorite mom and pop restaurant has closed. Wishing both of you a:choir Happy :D 41st Anniversary a day later. :bighug

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Oven BBQ baby back ribs, choice of baked sweet potato and/or giant croissant, choice of salad or peas, and choice of the last of the cold, leftover, home-made, organic pecan pie (full of pecans under lots of pecans) or pumpkin pie (lots of CINNAMON, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves) (no soy or rBST) and whipped topping.

TT and Andy C, invisible last of the leftover, home-made, organic pecan pie (full of pecans under lots of pecans) and pumpkin pie (lots of CINNAMON, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves) and whipped topping (no soy or rBST)

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

MapleLeaf

Yum! I can't remember the last time I had ribs. I don't eat them often because I feel self-conscious on how messy they are and I am too awkward to eat them neatly. I'm the same with crab legs. Like the Tazmanian Devil from Looney tunes.

No plans on supper yet. Might do a basic meat and potatoes with veggies. I just want something toothsome and warms you up from the middle. A beef stew would be even better but I don't have the proper cut of meat. The store wanted $25 for a pack of stewing beef! Yeesh! I do have a recipe for a 'cheat' of beef stew that uses ground beef so I can check the freezer, I suppose.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
We haven't had Subway in awhile so I had a footlong meatball Marinara with sauce melted Provolone cheese on Italian Herb and Cheese bread, black olives, banana peppers, and onions. Jeff had footlong All American Pro which is ham, turkey, bacon, American cheese, onions, and lettuce, some mayonnaise, and chocolate chip cookie.

Baby Yoda

Robin, about 20 years ago, I was frequently purchasing tilapia at Walmart. Then, one day, I read the fine print right there on the label. It was pond raised in China! :faint2 I'm assuming the fish you purchase locally is from your area since you're in Maryland.

Yes and Tilapia has a terrible reputation for that reason. My local market does not even carry it-- a lot of it is contaminated. A lot of salmon has that problem too I hear.