Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I have never ate at Cracker Barrel either. I wonder what their dinners are like.
Not nearly as good as their breakfast. Their dinners used to be better than they are now. Lots of salt and etc. :frown

The first time I ate at one, I stopped while on a cross-country trip on my motorcycle and no one stared or said anything stupid (huge plus for a woman traveling alone), and the service and food were awesome. Been to the chain many places, and breakfast is always great :smile

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Ghoti Icthus you gave me a sad emoticon is that because I have never ate at Cracker Barrel or because you don't like them. I just posted while you were posting that is funny.:D

The sad emoticon because you never got to eat at a Cracker Barrel. I gave the same to @RobinB because she never got to eat there, either.

I like Cracker Barrel breakfast (although it's definitely cheating on clean eating and limiting sodium/iodine/sugar)

Last edited:

Andy C

Not nearly as good as their breakfast. Their dinners used to be better than they are now. Lots of salt and etc. :frown

The first time I ate at one, I stopped while on a cross-country trip on my motorcycle and no one stared or said anything stupid (huge plus for a woman traveling alone), and the service and food were awesome. Been to the chain many places, and breakfast is always great :smile
I think most restaurants use too much salt. For my entire life, its been extremely rare that I add salt directly to a meal. Only recently did I start by adding a tiny amount to my eggs, but nothing else do I ever add salt. Its not really because of health concerns for me, just that I dont like anything overly salted.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Boneless butterfly pork loin with salads. I have never ate at Cracker Barrel either. I wonder what their dinners are like.
Most of the food is good. Some love their hashbrown casserole. Dh loves their dumplings which are very 'doughy'.. I will usually eat some meatloaf or fish....they have excellent tarter sauce.
I enjoy going in colder weather when they have their huge fireplace going.

RobinB

The sad emoticon because you never got to eat at a Cracker Barrel. I gave the same to @RobinB because she never got to eat there, either.

Funny story-- As mentioned, we never ate at a CB, even though they were everywhere when we traveled. When one finally opened near us, in the car one day I said "Oh look, we now have a local CB."

Timmy spoke up from the back seat and said "You always talk about CB. Why do you always talk about CB?":rolleyes:

His dad and I just exchanged glances and shrugged. No idea what he was talking about. Kids say the darndest things!

Ghoti Ichthus

Choice of Italian meatball sandwich topped with shredded Romano cheese, and salad, or leftover-out-of-the-freezer Greek GARLIC-lemon chicken and green beans, and choice of ice cream or OJ

TT and Andy C, fried ice cream with lots of honey and CINNAMON

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

Chris

Administrator
Staff member

I like Cracker Barrel breakfast (although it's definitely cheating on clean eating and limiting sodium/iodine/sugar)

I don't think most people who go out to eat are worrying about clean eating. :lol :idunno

The bacon at Cracker Barrel was very good, but very greasy. She said they must have cooked it on a griddle or something like that as the bacon was soaked in grease. My wife makes bacon at home and it is crispy. I like the crispy bacon, but I also like the greasy bacon at Cracker Barrel. It has been a while since I had greasy bacon. But boy was it good. :drool2