Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Andy C

I've never tried the honey nut... don't 'spect I ever will. Nobody will ever have to tussle with me over the last box of honey nut cheerios at the supermarket.
Up until yesterday, I would agree, and like I said, every few years I buy one box. I hate cooking breakfast, and like the convenience of speed. My normal is a cold or maybe toasted bagel, huge amount of almonds, and a banana. I also eat bacon 2-4 times a month. When we go out for breakfast, thats a whole new ballgame as bring on a feast of high calories.

pixelpusher

Cereal just doesn't do it for me anymore, burns up too quick. I need fat and protein. I used to be a big Honey Nut Cheerios fan, Shredded Wheat, Crispx, Raisin Bran... but never Super Colon Blow. As a kid it was Sugar Smacks or Golden Grahams. Or Honeycombs. We had regular Cheerios at some summer camp once, I had to add a quarter cup of sugar to a bowl to get them down.

Just FYI.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Ours is the family size and was on sale. It isn't dry when you add milk. :D

:doh2 I knew I was forgetting something.

I always hated milk in my cereal. Soggy, mushy cereal and warm yicky milk :puke

Preferred to eat my cereal dry and drink nice cold milk with it :smile
Back then, it was Wheaties or AllBran (Spider Legs :biggrin with sliced banana, or a great big Shredded Wheat with blueberries and a little sugar if the blueberries were bitter.

I don't eat cereal anymore. Too many carbs and too much sugar (including naturally occurring).

I don't eat breakfast anymore either, unless we have breakfast food for dinner, or go out for a special occasion. Then bring on the BACON!!! :smile (and poached eggs, blueberry pancakes, real maple syrup, sausage, Canadian BACON) Or a waffle with piles of blueberries and strawberries :smile and BACON!!!

Last edited:

Andy C

I always hated milk in my cereal. Soggy, mushy cereal and warm yicky milk :puke

Preferred to eat my cereal dry and drink nice cold milk with it :smile
Back then, it was Wheaties or AllBran (Spider Legs :biggrin with sliced banana, or a great big Shredded Wheat with blueberries and a little sugar if the blueberries were bitter.

I don't eat cereal anymore. Too many carbs and too much sugar (including naturally occurring).

I don't eat breakfast anymore either, unless we have breakfast food for dinner, or go out for a special occasion. Then bring on the BACON!!! :smile
For the next few days, in order to get it out of my system, Im having the TT special for breakfast - Big fat bowl, of floating honey nut cheerios, dripping with carbs, and to make Ghoti happy, drenched in milk…..My bowl is Jethro Bodine size (if you know what that means, your old), and the box will be empty mid next week.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Grass-fed HAMBURGERS on optional whole-wheat bun, choice of raw, purple ONION or burnt (white) ONIONS, choice of salad or Kosher dill pickles, and choice of caramel apple or OJ

Saw the last caramel apple sitting forlornly all by itself in the open cooler on the way into Whole Foods and felt bad for it, so I got it for Dad :lol

Andy C and TT, invisible, home-made, organic, caramel apples (no soy)

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
For the next few days, in order to get it out of my system, Im having the TT special for breakfast - Big fat bowl, of floating honey nut cheerios, dripping with carbs, and to make Ghoti happy, drenched in milk…..My bowl is Jethro Bodine size (if you know what that means, your old), and the box will be empty mid next week.

If that's a big bowl, you might need two of the standard size boxes (nowadays) to fill the bowl up once.

Andy C

I forgot to take a pack of bacon out of the freezer last night, so none for breakfast. I guess after my run, my reward will be a big old bowl of honey nut cheerios, banana, almonds, cashews, grapes, and maybe a muscle milk strawberry protein drink. I should make myself some eggs, but that takes more effort vice simple and fast.