Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Ribs have gotten kind of pricey. I've gone from maybe 10-15 pork baby back rib dinners a year to none :(

It's interesting that I can get a ham or a pork shoulder/butt for the same price I was getting them before diben took the oath of office, but bacon and ribs and probably other selections have gone way up in cost.

ChildofLight

Supper- ham, beets, mashed potatoes and chocolate pudding.
Been so hungry for chocolate and pudding therefore chocolate pudding from scratch. Oh so so good. YUMMY
Also made a Sunshine cake- a yellow sponge. That way it’s light for summer and I don’t eat whole lot of it since it’s mostly air; I don’t feel guilty.:)

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Today is our 14th Wedding Anniversary so we are going to Ernie's Steakhouse for pick up. We are having 12 jumbo fried delicious shrimp, fries, and large salad, and garlic bread. We will eat it in the privacy of our kitchen.
Thanks to everyone who wished me Happy Anniversary. Change of plans the Steakhouse is closed Saturday and Sunday. We still had a great dinner from Longhorn Steakhouse. We both had a full slab of ribs, baked potatoes, rice pilaf, and wheat bread. It was very tasty!:thumbup:thumbup

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'm serving sweet corn on the cob with the Carolina pulled pork sandwiches I mentioned up stream. I'm only cooking for two while the wife and one daughter are in Great Britain... it's a challenge to prepare a meal for only two when you're used to bigger numbers. I guess after the dust settles and I've left Alaska I'll be cooking for just two most of the time.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
It's interesting that I can get a ham or a pork shoulder/butt for the same price I was getting them before diben took the oath of office, but bacon and ribs and probably other selections have gone way up in cost.
The last few weeks we are finding good deals on bulk packages of pork loin or boneless chops , package of 6-10 and we freeze them in separate packs of 2 loins each, makes it around $3 a meal. We are down to 1 package of bacon, this coming Friday we will be on the hunt for 6 packages for the freezer.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The last few weeks we are finding good deals on bulk packages of pork loin or boneless chops , package of 6-10 and we freeze them in separate packs of 2 loins each, makes it around $3 a meal. We are down to 1 package of bacon, this coming Friday we will be on the hunt for 6 packages for the freezer.

I can still get chops for a decent price at the military commissary, but in town the price has more than doubled.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Is it hard to remember to adjust down for less people?

All the meat I have in the freezers are packaged for a larger number of people. Last night for example, I pulled out a package of pulled pork to heat up. When I prepare a shoulder/butt there's usually enough left over to freeze about 2/3's of it. In the future when there's only a couple mouths to feed I'll need to freeze smaller packages of the meats that I do that with. There's now a lot of left over pulled pork in the fridge. I'll probably turn some of it into carnitas.

And yes, the adjusting down... I put the regular amount of cooked veggies on my daughter's plate and then dump the rest on mine... which is enough for 3 or 4 servings. It'll take a while before I figure it out.