Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I would love to try a crawfish cheesecake like they make in Louisiana. I don't love crawfish but I would try it. I actually have a recipe that I could make myself.

I have a copycat recipe from the Cheesecake Factory that is a huge hit here....Pasta de Vinci.
I use the recipe as a guide and change a few things but it is delicious

Andy C

I would love to try a crawfish cheesecake like they make in Louisiana. I don't love crawfish but I would try it. I actually have a recipe that I could make myself.

I have a copycat recipe from the Cheesecake Factory that is a huge hit here....Pasta de Vinci.
I use the recipe as a guide and change a few things but it is delicious
I went to a Marines retirement party years ago, and he was from Louisiana, and he had a huge amount of crawfish flown in to NC from New Orleans and made a huge vat full for a crawfish boil. Very good, but a little too spicy for me.

athenasius

Speaking of dinner, what is the normal time everyone eats dinner? For us, 4pm is normally the latest, with some days as early as 3:30.
4 pm to 4:30 on the table. That started when we were first married in 78, and it's been our routine ever since. George would come home at 4 and wanted dinner right away. He started work early, he was often there at 7 am or shortly after and he'd get off about 3:30 or so. Even when I was working shifts he'd come home and eat what I made for him at that time. We had a mealtime phone call set up. Whenever I got off for my dinner, I'd phone home and visit a few minutes, and when I was home he'd call around lunchtime to say hi.

He's retired now for 9 years and still we keep to the old schedule. It moves a little-- 15 minutes either side of 4 pm but then we don't eat after that except for a couple of slices of cheese just before bedtime. Breakfast often isn't till 10 am or as late as 11 am the next day.

When I first found out about that new way of fasting-- intermittent fasting where you don't eat for 16 hours from dinner till the next day, I noticed 2 things.

First we had been doing it all along.

Second that it wasn't very helpful in losing weight. But it's nice to know it's a healthy habit, or so it's followers say.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Yesterday for Sunday dunnah we tried 3 new things, all recipes from Pinterest.
1. Lancaster hot pot, substituting pork for lamb. Delicious
2. Cowboy quiche...Delicious
3. Oreo cake...terrible...threw the whole cake in the trash while cleaning up.

I do not love to cook but I do love to eat. I enjoy new recipes.

alisani

Yesterday for Sunday dunnah we tried 3 new things, all recipes from Pinterest.
1. Lancaster hot pot, substituting pork for lamb. Delicious
2. Cowboy quiche...Delicious
3. Oreo cake...terrible...threw the whole cake in the trash while cleaning up.

I do not love to cook but I do love to eat. I enjoy new recipes.
Hot pot dinners are some of the best eating, especially in cold weather. Have never heard of it with anything but lamb. You might like small meat hand pies too. Never heard of cowboy quiche.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Choice of bratwurst parboiled in beer or grass-fed HAMBURGER on the charc, ONIONS, choice of salad or Kosher dill pickles, and choice of ice cream with fresh organic seasonal fruit or OJ.

LC and TT, pretend home-made, organic fudge walnut brownies (no soy) ala mode.

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Choice of bratwurst parboiled in beer or grass-fed HAMBURGER on the charc, ONIONS, choice of salad or Kosher dill pickles, and choice of ice cream with fresh organic seasonal fruit or OJ.

LC and TT, pretend home-made, organic fudge walnut brownies (no soy) ala mode.

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou
When you say *Choice of*.....do you actually cook 2 different meals? Or does the choice get made before the meal is cooked?

It's not unusual for me to knock out 2 meals in one day....especially if I have to turn the oven on. Then we have a couple of days food in the fridge.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Hot pot dinners are some of the best eating, especially in cold weather. Have never heard of it with anything but lamb. You might like small meat hand pies too. Never heard of cowboy quiche.
Hand pies are on my list of things to try!!♡♡♡
We have never cooked with lamb, and Boston Butt was on sale for .99/lb. Thus the substitution.

Cowboy quiche is a Pioneer Woman recipe...quite easy. Onion, cheese, BACON, eggs and heavy cream. I ate some left overs for breakfast.