Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Grass-fed hamburgers on the charc, toasted buns, lots of burnt ONIONS, choice of salad or applesauce with CINNAMON, and choice of icer cream or OJ.

Tall Timbers and Andy C can have pretend dark chocolate layer cake with pretend tart lemon filling, dark chocolate frosting, and tart lemon roses.

athenasius

Well now they are predicting a turkey shortage too, so I need to pick up a frozen turkey breast soon.
LOL no shortage here, but us canny canucks probably ate up all your turkeys in advance by carefully scheduling Thanksgiving AHEAD of America. We are like that sometimes :lol

:hug

shhhh, I'll share my freezer stash with you but don't tell anyone k?

Meanwhile I'm fixing leftover broccoli and frozen sole fillets into something appetizing for dinner. there WILL be butter and lemon juice and maybe lemon pepper involved and I MIGHT make a roasted potato each with the thick greek style full fat yogurt that works like sour cream.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
:biggrin LOL. We hit 2 stores tonight and did not see ANY Butterball turkeys which is not normal. We bought one of an unknown brand just to have one in the freezer.

The huge influx of turkeys for Thanksgiving usually hits here the last few days of October and continues through November so people that get paid end/beginning of the month. Some stores are still taking orders/reservations, but IDK how long that will last.

I plan on getting pieces because we don't need a whole turkey, not even a small one. If all else fails, Cornish game hens . . . :lol

A different store than where I usually buy TP had a limit one per customer sign. They only had a few packages of something we don't like :lol
But they did have turkeys and hams :smile and BACON :smile

Last edited:

athenasius

Yay BACON!!! Found a Butterball breast today at another store. Thanksgiving is saved. :cheer :cheer
Oh thank the Lord you got one. I was feeling bad for you (in spite of my evil habit of joking about everything)

Well the last of my 2 cookbooks I ordered came in today, Betty Crocker Lost Recipes and I'm making Texas Hash which is a ground beef, tomatoes, chili powder and rice thing with onions. Supposed to have green pepper diced into it, but I still have a little leftover broccoli, so you know where THAT went! Or will go. It'll be stirred in last minute so it doesn't go all grey and unappetizing. Some people may have hoped it would hit the kitchen trash bin but not when I can use it up.

I love Betty Crocker cookbooks. They seem a little easier to do than others, and they nearly always come out well.