Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

athenasius

@anath so glad to see your name pop up, missed you. Hope that your house didn't sustain too much damage in that hurricane and that you and Mike and the cats are ok. I was worried about the power being out so long for you in that heat down there.

I made a quiche for brunch, and we ate the other half for dinner. Eggs, milk cheese and onions and bacon with a 1/3 cup of gluten free Bisquick to let it set up without a crust. Lazy quiet calm fall day.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
TT, here in the Midwest, the tilapia that I see (& used to buy before I knew any better) is pond raised in China. You might want to read the fine print :heh
Just sayin'

I'm not sure where this came from but I've read the accounts that you're alluding to. When I put the tilapia in the basket I started to describe how they're farmed to my wife and then thought she'd be more likely to eat it if she didn't know...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My comment about the way tilapia is raised is clearly written on the back of the package. The Chinese throw all sorts of unclean things into their ponds, and I can't imagine that any fish raised there could be very healthy. :stirpot

My package doesn't have any yucky details. It just says stuff like responsibly farmed, sourced, etc. Maybe this box of tilapia wasn't raised on chicken excrement.

Last edited: