Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Spaghetti sauce with lots of GARLIC, herbs, and optional SHROOMS, GARLIC oven-baked baguette, choice of salad or fresh pineapple, and choice of ice cream or OJ.

Andy C and Tall Timbers, invisible home-made organic cherry cobbler ala mode

Leigh

We went to a little diner in Virginia Beach for lunch today and it was so good. I got a grilled chicken caesar wrap with a side of fried green tomatoes. Ate half of the meal and finished the other half tonight, after having had dessert first - a cup of Ice Dream from CFA. :thumbsup

Carl

Tried something different this evening. I actually cooked something. I went out to get some milk and saw this bag of navy beans. So I got home and started boiling the beans around 5:30PM. Slow boil til 6:30. Then threw in 1/2 a can of Spam. So ended up with a 4 quart pot of bean soup.

I know Spam is not Ham. And I didn't put in any onions. But it was still a nice change from chicken and mashed potatoes.

RobinB

Tried something different this evening. I actually cooked something. I went out to get some milk and saw this bag of navy beans. So I got home and started boiling the beans around 5:30PM. Slow boil til 6:30. Then threw in 1/2 a can of Spam. So ended up with a 4 quart pot of bean soup.

I know Spam is not Ham. And I didn't put in any onions. But it was still a nice change from chicken and mashed potatoes.

My mom used to fry slices of Spam and put pineapple rings on top. :nod

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My grandmothers & mom would boil that little baggie of "extras" included in the turkey (that awful offal :biggrin ), chop it up and add it to the Thanksgiving gravy.

It's actually pretty good in there.

Back when I used to cook turkeys for Thanksgiving... until I found out I was the only one at the table who liked it while everybody else was preferring chicken... I'd boil the awful offal and then chop it up and add it to the stuffing that would go inside the turkey. It's got to add a lot of tasty and substance to the gravy, too...