Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

kathymendel

I'm so tired of trying to come up with something to eat for dinner every day..............
and I'm kinda sick of the same ol' same ol'..........
I'm thinking I'll pick up something to bring home tonight........ but, what?????
All we have around us is Mexican, Mexican, and more Mexican food places.
And, we don't care for Mexican food.
I might just pick up some McD's cheeseburgers..........
Sorry.......... I 'm whining..........

Channah

I made us "tube steaks" otherwise known as hot dogs, but the nice ones from Costco. With sauerkraut for me and beans for George. Son in law delivered 3 lovely roaster chickens from their farm after dinner. He made a town trip for deliveries. That's tomorrow night for one and I froze the other two. Free ranging chickens that are nothing like the store bought.
You're so blessed!

Andy C

I'm so tired of trying to come up with something to eat for dinner every day..............
I'm thinking I'll pick up something to bring home tonight........ but, what?????
I wish we had good Mexican food here other than our burrito place. When I was in San Diego, Mexican food was excellent.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Since selection is limited, next time you can't think of anything or anywhere, maybe try a bar that serves bar food :smile A lot of them will let you order for take out if you don't want to eat in the bar. Might be a little more expensive than if you ate it there, although probably evens out because no/smaller tip.

Breakfast for dinner is always good . . .

kathymendel

Since selection is limited, next time you can't think of anything or anywhere, maybe try a bar that serves bar food :smile A lot of them will let you order for take out if you don't want to eat in the bar. Might be a little more expensive than if you ate it there, although probably evens out because no/smaller tip.

Breakfast for dinner is always good . . .
Great idea, but we have no pubs in our area either..............have to drive about ten miles to get to one. :(
There are lots of them in Temecula, but not many choices here.

But.......... we did end up having breakfast for dinner tonight.......... lol

kathymendel

My mind is clearer now and I'm feeling a bit more ambitious. (no more whining) So, we will be having sautee'd wild Alaskan salmon, with some pasta in a
pesto sauce, and buttered peas for dinner tonight. Small portions, of course.

Deb and I are booked for a four-day campout with a Christian Vintage Trailer group at Newport Dunes.......... we will get there a day early on Thursday,
and come home Monday (to avoid the heavy - and crazy - weekend traffic). Taking easy stuff for meals..........cheese board type lunches and Panda Express for
a dinner. The rest is provided by the group fee and includes a pizza night, a hot dog lunch, and a potluck dinner, PLUS coffee and continental breakfast two days. After the potluck, there will be a short movie, and then singing and smore's around a campfire on the beach. Also, a Sunday morning worship service before most campers break down and head for home. We are so excited to be doing this............. and, meeting new brothers and sisters........ we signed up two years ago, and
then Covid came and it's been cancelled until now. Whoohoo!!! Thank you, Jesus!!!

Andy C

We ordered take out at the Original Steakhouse. I had a combo of BBQ chicken, and bourbon glazed steak Tri Tips, BBQ baked beans, potato mashers with bacon bits, cheese, butter, and dinner rolls. Best take out meal in over a year. I now feel like my strechy running pants could double for maternity pants. Its rare that Im stuffed, but put a fork in me, Im done.