Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Wings Like Eagles

PRAISE GOD!!! It's begun to rain. I think the last time was May 28th, and it's raining. It just started. The smoke has been worse than ever, it was brown and choking today, I was really having trouble and suddenly it just began to rain. I've opened all the doors and windows, and turned on the exhaust fans to get as much good air into the apartment as possible.

GOD IS SO GOOD and HIS MERCIES ARE NEW EVERY MORNING or in this case, afternoon. It started less than half an hour ago, and it's still raining. I'm so grateful to God I have tears in my eyes! There are literally hundreds of fires most of them in our fire district. The smoke burns the throat and now it's like I've been transported out of it, into a wonderful fresh rain.

Oh and I'm fixing duck breast for dinner. With cucumbers and LoBok which is that long white Chinese radish. Just had to share.

I woke up at 3 am with the smoke getting worse, and now it's raining. I can hardly believe it. So so so grateful to God.

And I'm breathing so much better already!
Oh, praise God, for sure! I'm praying that it continues and spreads across the country! Dear Lord, let the rain come down. We ask this in the Name above all names, Jesus. Amen.

Leigh

:hug PRAISE GOD!!! It's begun to rain. I think the last time was May 28th, and it's raining. It just started. The smoke has been worse than ever, it was brown and choking today, I was really having trouble and suddenly it just began to rain. I've opened all the doors and windows, and turned on the exhaust fans to get as much good air into the apartment as possible.

GOD IS SO GOOD and HIS MERCIES ARE NEW EVERY MORNING or in this case, afternoon. It started less than half an hour ago, and it's still raining. I'm so grateful to God I have tears in my eyes! There are literally hundreds of fires most of them in our fire district. The smoke burns the throat and now it's like I've been transported out of it, into a wonderful fresh rain.

Oh and I'm fixing duck breast for dinner. With cucumbers and LoBok which is that long white Chinese radish. Just had to share.

I woke up at 3 am with the smoke getting worse, and now it's raining. I can hardly believe it. So so so grateful to God.

And I'm breathing so much better already!
Thank You Lord for this wonderful news! I am so happy for you that the rain has finally arrived!!!

Leigh

Before the pandemic, a group of friends from our church would meet at a restaurant every Sunday night for supper, since 2003 (and that's just when we moved to town - they were already meeting before that). Of course we had to quit gathering last year after everything was locked down, and never started back when things opened up -- until tonight!

Tonight 11 of us met at Freddy's (a fast-food hamburger & frozen custard place) and plan to meet monthly now instead of weekly since everybody is busy and we don't even all still attend the same church. I had the hamburger kids meal.

And guess what? A manager came to our table and told us they were going to give us all a free mini-Sundae of our choice tonight!! I got vanilla custard with salted caramel sauce and toasted macadamia nuts - yum yum! :)

Leigh

I mentioned somewhere that I've discovered a YT cooking channel, "In the Kitchen with Gina Young" and she is so fun and motivational to watch! I spent this morning making her 7 Layer Salad... which I've made 7 layer salad plenty of times, and her recipe isn't too different from mine, but this time fixing it was more enjoyable. It's supposed to rest awhile in the fridge but I couldn't wait so went ahead and ate some for lunch, and that will be my lunch for the next few days also. DELISH!!!

Check out her channel and let me know what you think! :)

For supper tonight I'm making a small roast beef in the Instant Pot and will cook separately some green beans and carrots. And eat more 7 layer salad! :biggrin

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Carnitas. Slow cooked the pork butt for about 13 hours. Let it sit for several hours. Just separated the meat from the fat tissue and bones. Put broth in freezer so the fat will congeal at the top so I can discard it later. To finish it I'll put the meat in two large fry pans and drench with the ample juices and seasonings and cook in the juices until most of the juices have either soaked into the meat or evaporated and the meat at the bottom of each pan develops a crust. Then it's time to serve.

Leigh

Carnitas. Slow cooked the pork butt for about 13 hours. Let it sit for several hours. Just separated the meat from the fat tissue and bones. Put broth in freezer so the fat will congeal at the top so I can discard it later. To finish it I'll put the meat in two large fry pans and drench with the ample juices and seasonings and cook in the juices until most of the juices have either soaked into the meat or evaporated and the meat at the bottom of each pan develops a crust. Then it's time to serve.
That sounds amazing!!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Too tired to cook, didn't really feel like eating (bloated), air quality still bad, and got late after hair cut, sooooooooooooo . . .

Domino's Pizza (carry-out so saved $7 plus the tip)

Dad's was the usual and no problems.

I tried the gluten free crust :puke

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I spent a few hours at the fair today. Was manning a booth there. I took a break midway through and found a hut selling Colombian cuisine, more specifically chorizos. After I told them I'd lived there and if I had any money (which I rarely did), I'd buy some chorizos at the market if the chorizo vender was there, they admitted to me that they didn't have any Colombian food. I got one of their sausages on a stick anyway. It was just your standard European sausage of some kind or other. Later after we left the fair my wife bought me a gyro sandwich at a roadside stand. First time ever in our entire history that she's bought me a meal. The gyro was good.