Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Leigh

I love their chili. I haven't had anything from Wendy's in over a decade.
Well, is there a Wendy's nearby? If so, now is the perfect time for you to get a Frosty!

That egg custard recipe sounds delicious. I love a homemade egg custard pie. Haven't made one in a few years... not that I ever made that many anyway, but the few times I did... amazing!

I saw your earlier request for ideas for soft, cold foods, but other than the obvious things... egg salad, tuna or chicken salad, pimento cheese, etc., I don't have anything to add. Now, for desserts.... I can think of plenty of those! But that's probably not what you meant! :)

WaitingForTheTrumpet

Well, is there a Wendy's nearby? If so, now is the perfect time for you to get a Frosty!

That egg custard recipe sounds delicious. I love a homemade egg custard pie. Haven't made one in a few years... not that I ever made that many anyway, but the few times I did... amazing!

I saw your earlier request for ideas for soft, cold foods, but other than the obvious things... egg salad, tuna or chicken salad, pimento cheese, etc., I don't have anything to add. Now, for desserts.... I can think of plenty of those! But that's probably not what you meant! :)
I did get a couple of cans of tuna for tuna salad. And my favorite ice cream. :)

Leigh

My husband cooked supper tonight and had it all ready when I got home from work. It was so good:

Salmon patties (one of my favorites), potatoes (he just cut a baking potato into chunks and stewed it down), and, this is the funny part:

He thought he'd bought a bag of frozen whole green beans. He cooked them, and when he took the first bite they were tough as could be. He looked at the package and it was actually edamame, which we've never had. Soybeans! They were tasty, but I finally resorted to eating them same as I would boiled peanuts. :biggrin

Please let me know the correct way to eat edamame.

alisani

My husband cooked supper tonight and had it all ready when I got home from work. It was so good:

Salmon patties (one of my favorites), potatoes (he just cut a baking potato into chunks and stewed it down), and, this is the funny part:

He thought he'd bought a bag of frozen whole green beans. He cooked them, and when he took the first bite they were tough as could be. He looked at the package and it was actually edamame, which we've never had. Soybeans! They were tasty, but I finally resorted to eating them same as I would boiled peanuts. :biggrin

Please let me know the correct way to eat edamame.
I steam them in the pods for about 5 to10 minutes then transfer them to a hot cast iron skillet. Do the water flick test if you're unsure. Let them get a good char and then toss and season how you want. I use sea salt and a bit of wasabi.