Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Andy C

What is the normal time you all eat dinner?

For the last few years, we have been eating dinner by 4 at the latest.

When I was on ship and we had liberty in the coastal cities of France, and Italy, almost all the restaraunts did not even open for dinner
until 730 :eek2 . Even though that was 14 years ago, that was still way to late for me to eat dinner.

Andy C

About 6:30 or so. Enough time to get everyone home from work or school and get dinner done.

Down south, especially among most of the...ahem...in deference to you Andy...the older folk, eat much earlier. Usually by 5.
At my last job in 2011, some days I would be hungry for lunch early, and I would grab my lunch out of the refrig and eat at about 1030. My friend who shared the ofice with me thought I was crazy to eat that early. 10 minutes later, he did the same. From then on, it was a battle between who had the most willpower to daily wait the longest before eating.

alisani

I aim for 5 pm on account of I'm early to bed and early to rise. If I'm a couple of minutes off either way it's okay... but my timing is pretty dead on except when cooking a rib roast. With those sometimes they can be done a half hour early or a half hour late... I haven't broken the code on that yet.
Your thoughts on a beef/bacon combo tree in heaven?

athenasius

For the last few years, we have been eating dinner by 4 at the latest.

When I was on ship and we had liberty in the coastal cities of France, and Italy, almost all the restaraunts did not even open for dinner
until 730 :eek2 . Even though that was 14 years ago, that was still way to late for me to eat dinner.
4 PM. Almost always. George worked from early in the morning, he'd be out by 6 am and home at 4 to 4:30. When I was home (as in not working shifts as an RN) I always had supper on the table for him shortly after he walked in the door. If I was working, he'd fix up whatever I'd left thawing in the fridge. He liked it that way and I like things to have a set timetable just like I worked as a nurse in the hospital.

I quit to homeschool the kids, and kept it up. He's retired now but I'm so used to my supper prep times, even when I TRY to change it, things just work towards 4 pm.

We eat and clean up, supper leftovers are put away in about half an hour, the dishes are in the dishwasher, which I fire up as I wipe down the kitchen and put it to bed. I leave the door open to dry overnight, and unload first thing the next morning. George puts the coffee pot together for morning so the first one up presses the start button.

We sometimes have a piece of cheese at bedtime but otherwise the kitchen is closed till the next day and breakfast doesn't really start around our place till 9 or 10 am. I think we do that intermittent fasting or whatever they call it by accident. It just works for us. I pull something out of the freezer by 9 am the next day (it's my rule, decide on dinner by 9 am so it has time to thaw out on the countertop like you are never supposed to do). I figured it out early on, the longer you take to decide the more dinner will cost you. I have an electric veggie steamer thing and I often set it up with the veggie at the time I choose the meat because I have energy in the morning but little to none as I'm fixing dinner.

Tonight we had chicken and yams. I baked both in foil lined roasting pans enough for another dinner and a lunch. I tossed the foil, and threw the pans in the dishwasher as is, no scrubbing because I am so tired at this end of the day I can't be bothered.

Confessions of a tired housewife??? :lol

alisani

4 PM. Almost always. George worked from early in the morning, he'd be out by 6 am and home at 4 to 4:30. When I was home (as in not working shifts as an RN) I always had supper on the table for him shortly after he walked in the door. If I was working, he'd fix up whatever I'd left thawing in the fridge. He liked it that way and I like things to have a set timetable just like I worked as a nurse in the hospital.

I quit to homeschool the kids, and kept it up. He's retired now but I'm so used to my supper prep times, even when I TRY to change it, things just work towards 4 pm.

We eat and clean up, supper leftovers are put away in about half an hour, the dishes are in the dishwasher, which I fire up as I wipe down the kitchen and put it to bed. I leave the door open to dry overnight, and unload first thing the next morning. George puts the coffee pot together for morning so the first one up presses the start button.

We sometimes have a piece of cheese at bedtime but otherwise the kitchen is closed till the next day and breakfast doesn't really start around our place till 9 or 10 am. I think we do that intermittent fasting or whatever they call it by accident. It just works for us. I pull something out of the freezer by 9 am the next day (it's my rule, decide on dinner by 9 am so it has time to thaw out on the countertop like you are never supposed to do). I figured it out early on, the longer you take to decide the more dinner will cost you. I have an electric veggie steamer thing and I often set it up with the veggie at the time I choose the meat because I have energy in the morning but little to none as I'm fixing dinner.

Tonight we had chicken and yams. I baked both in foil lined roasting pans enough for another dinner and a lunch. I tossed the foil, and threw the pans in the dishwasher as is, no scrubbing because I am so tired at this end of the day I can't be bothered.

Confessions of a tired housewife??? :lol
How about a working title "I'm Too Busy Getting It Done to Be an Influencer"?

chaser

We trust you Jesus, you are the only King forever!
We have dinner anywhere between 3:45pm and 4:15, we are early risers so breakfast is early at 4:30am and I lunch around 10 or 10:30 , we have been on this same schedule for years it is just natural for us.

dinner yesterday I made chicken burritos and spicy rice, extra diced jalapeno spicy!