Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

Eric Nicholas

Am not sure what entertains me more, folks changing their avatar, the number of "alerts" ....or seeing "someone mentioned you" in the alert box :)

Well let's see ...you've been a pizza, meatballs, a burger n now soda if I remember rightly ....next you will turn yourself into an ice cream sundae :)

Am literally making stroganoff-ish sauce right now. Why am I having dinner at midnight? Combo of kitchen taken over, late phone call to mum, piano practice n then getting ds into bed....just hope no smoke alarms go off haha :)
Yeah, next will have to be some type of dessert or maybe some deli cold cuts. Not quite sure yet.

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
@AnewcreationinJesus Also, the only stroganoff that I had was from Hamburger Helper and mannnnn was that salty. I love me some salt and lots of it, but it was in a league of its own.
Well I just did an impromptu science experiment with mine speaking of salt ...was kinda simmering the mushroom and onion in the wine and threw some salt in and the mixture all fizzed up dramatically. ...

Kem

Citizen
Just popping in to say hi to y'all. I've spent a good deal of time praying for Susan and Mike this summer along with OneCatMom if any of you remember her from RR, with all the storms Thankfully no storms came near us this year....at least so far.

Have had some heavy things going on with my sister as her husband died about 3 months ago. My nephew had called me to let me know that he was in the hospital and not expected to live. Sadly things went downhill from there as he also let me know my sister is an alcoholic. My sister and I are not close but neither are we at odds. Still somehow it is my nephew who lets me know what is happening. Anyway she started drinking very heavily and several weeks ago attempted suicide. She was almost successful and is now in the psych unit of a hospital. :( All this was a great shock to me. I had no idea she even drank more than an occasional glass of wine.

As for health and daily life here, it goes on much the same. As most of you know, I'm not a very interested cook these days but I did make a rather yummy discovery the other day and that is that cranberry orange relish along with EVO makes a tasty salad dressing over spring greens, sliced avocado, goat cheese and bits of roast beef from the deli.

Hugs and love to all!

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
Just popping in to say hi to y'all. I've spent a good deal of time praying for Susan and Mike this summer along with OneCatMom if any of you remember her from RR, with all the storms Thankfully no storms came near us this year....at least so far.

Have had some heavy things going on with my sister as her husband died about 3 months ago. My nephew had called me to let me know that he was in the hospital and not expected to live. Sadly things went downhill from there as he also let me know my sister is an alcoholic. My sister and I are not close but neither are we at odds. Still somehow it is my nephew who lets me know what is happening. Anyway she started drinking very heavily and several weeks ago attempted suicide. She was almost successful and is now in the psych unit of a hospital. :( All this was a great shock to me. I had no idea she even drank more than an occasional glass of wine.

As for health and daily life here, it goes on much the same. As most of you know, I'm not a very interested cook these days but I did make a rather yummy discovery the other day and that is that cranberry orange relish along with EVO makes a tasty salad dressing over spring greens, sliced avocado, goat cheese and bits of roast beef from the deli.

Hugs and love to all!
KEMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Love n hugs to you too n sorry to hear your bad news :( will pray for your sister ....that must have been such a shock! :hug :hug :hug

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
Here ...2 meals have been prepared n 2 to go ....non sausage rolls n chips .... (they had healthy salad earlier)...

DS made oreo ice cream in the blender with crushed up biscuits so are gonna have a scoop each (of course not dd!)

Think for me it will be salmon, new potatoes and butter with cauliflower cheese :) dh will probably have pizza n garlic bread ....

anath

I Love the Lord
Thank you for your prayers, Kem. The Lord answered them and spared us damage. We did have a lot of limbs to fall and the leaves, well we're still raking. Mike cut up the large limbs and I burned the small ones and burned in our chiminea. The leaves we bagged
It is wonderful hearing from you and even if you aren't here you and dh are kept in prayer.
Take care :hug :hug

Oh Kem! How sad to hear of your sister's downward spiral into alcoholism. Praying she will call out to the Lord in her distress.

We're having chili and crackers tonight

notdecieved

Sorry to hear of your dilemma Kem…. but good to hear from you again... we have all missed you....

Tonight figured I better use up some of the cabbage in the fridge... have 2... so, boiled up a batch and had it with butter, s/p, butter and vinegar.... tempura prawns and made a new batch of my dipping sauce to go with them.

Eric Nicholas

Sorry to hear of your dilemma Kem…. but good to hear from you again... we have all missed you....

Tonight figured I better use up some of the cabbage in the fridge... have 2... so, boiled up a batch and had it with butter, s/p, butter and vinegar.... tempura prawns and made a new batch of my dipping sauce to go with them.
I hope you are feeling better. I've had you in prayer.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Got another Chicken Fried Steak with mashed potatoes and jalapenos from the deli next door. Looks like our deli in my building is no more.

We'll see who the owner gets next.

Gonna be a lot happening around here soon. We will be enlarging one of our elevators so that gurneys can be easily placed. We're going to be having a Surgery Center come to the building. This is all good news for us. Traffic is going to increase all the more so it's going to be really busy. Our new owner who is a Christian wants the building to become primarily medical. Yay!

Maybe you'll get lucky and get a Christian bookstore/gift shop/florist. If you're blessed with a miracle, maybe a little 24 hour Christian chapel/lbrary with a 24/7 Christian Chaplain :pray

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Friday, we had brats parboiled in beer and then charc'd, toasted/untoasted buns, burnt onions, choice of salad or applesauce with cinnamon, and choice of OJ with MCs or ice cream.

Yesterday, we had grass-fed beef birds, rolls (forgot to put potatoes in the oven), green beans, and ice creamfor those that can.

Tonight, we had leftover grass-fed beef birds, gravy, baked potatoes, and peas. Choice of ice cream with topping or OJ with MCs.