Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Pretty sure they'll kick you out of that hospital ASAP. Managed care, ya know!

I had cottage cheese, crackers, and a big glass of milk for dinner. That's because I had a large bowl of split pea and potato soup for lunch which gassed up my "tank" something fierce. Going to have to remember to buy Beano one of these days! :lol:

livin_in_the_Son

I'm in pain, but it's better than before. I go between freezing, and sweating, but that was happening before too. I'm as comfortable as someone can be while stuck in the hospital.

I don't really know more than that, I'll update the medical stuff on the thread "I'm Struggling".

caligal

I am thawing some ground beef, but I haven't decided if it is going to be spaghetti or something else.

I'm glad they are finally taking your foot pain seriously, and hope you feel better very soon. :pray:

anath

I Love the Lord
So sorry you needed to be hospitalized but glad you can get the care you need for your foot to get better. We'll keep you lifted to our Father, dear Juli. :hug

Tonight we're having roast pork sandwiches and french fries.

anath

I Love the Lord
got a pot of dried pinto beans cooking on the stove. we'll have cornbread and we still have a few slices of pork roast leftover.

Lord our hearts are heavy for the poor people in New York who are facing hardships from this winter storm. May they be kept safe and warm with food to eat. We ask in Jesus Merciful Name, Amen.

lynnjcksnjck

Tonight I'm making a fall harvest soup. It's soooo cold outside. This soup has squash/tomatoes/white beans/hot sausage crumbles/chicken broth and spinach..mmmmm

lynnjcksnjck

Nothing concrete...this is what I usually add:

2 large containers of chicken broth
2 lbs of hot Italian sausage (make sure to remove the casing and crumble it)
1 each--medium green and yellow squash diced
1 small onion diced
3-4 carrots sliced thin
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can white northern beans
1 pkg frozen spinich
diced garlic

You really can add any vegetable that you have. It's a kind of throw it in the pot type of soup.
fry the sausage/onion/garlic in the soup pan
add all of the other ingredients and let simmer for about an hour or so.

You really do not need to add any spices to this because the sausage has enough. I adore this soup and can eat it all day long. This is also very good for you.

Last edited:

anath

I Love the Lord
need to go grocery shopping this afternoon so we'll probably have something easy like Campbell's soup and bacon toasted sandwiches

araj54

I had baked chicken breast and baked beans last night.
Tonite I'll take the leftover chicken and make a small batch of
chicken veggie noodle soup.

lynnjcksnjck, that harvest soup sounds wonderful.....:thumbup

caligal

We had chicken salad samiches on Italian bread and chocolate pudding. I am eating a chick sammie right now in the hopes it will make me sleepy and get a small nap before I go for my xrays and labs.

livin_in_the_Son

We had lasagna last night with a wonderful side salad! It was all so yummy! Max had honey barbecue chicken strips. He kept saying that the lasagna smelled really good, but he couldn't bring himself to try it. Oh well, one of these days, or in heaven he'll finally experience the joy of eating different foods!

I think that my mom is planning on tacos tonight for dinner...but we shall see, she's a lot like some here where what she plans isn't always what she fixes. Frankly, I adore the surprise aspect of that behavior!! :hehheh

anath

I Love the Lord
Give your dear mother a hug for me. :hug

Tonight we're having chicken strips with a side dish of red beans and rice.
Lord we thank YOU.

livin_in_the_Son

Yep, the tacos stayed in Mexico tonight. :hehheh

We had boneless ribs, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, tossed salad, and Italian bread! Very good dinner my mommy made! Sitting down and enjoying a meal together was very good indeed as well. Thank You Lord for giving me such a wonderful earthly mother.

She even bought frosted sugar cookies for dessert. And yes, I gave her a huge hug for taking such good care of me, and my kids this week. I don't know what I would have done without her.

anath

I Love the Lord
Mike made meatballs and spaghetti and it's been cooking all day! We'll have garlic bread and I'm baking a cherry pie later on tonight.