Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

kathymendel

We are having our last piece of salmon from the freezer tonight. Guess a trip to Trader Joe's is in our future soon, so we can restock.
I usually make it savory.............but, think tonight I will make it teriyaki-style. Just for something different. Have no clue what to serve with
it or what I even have on hand that will go with it. Maybe just a veggie of some kind. It's hot, so we don't need to eat heavy.
But, now that I am thinking about it, I may make a dessert!

anath

I Love the Lord
Making spaghetti sauce along with written explicit instruction from Mike. Btw, I asked him to do this. Ya see he does some weird things like get some olive oil hotting small frying pan and saute onions and garlic and then fry the tomato paste in it until it separates, etc. Oh and he gets a pinch of sugar between thumb and 2 of his fingers. That's a hard one because of my deformed arthritic index and middle finger.
Anyway, I'm trying to do everything he does so it will taste like his which is the best by far.

How's everybody doing???

Last edited:

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Making spaghetti sauce along with written explicit instruction from Mike. Btw, I asked him to do this. Ya see he does some weird things like get some olive oil hotting small frying pan and saute onions and garlic and then fry the tomato paste in it until it separates, etc.
Anyway, I'm trying to do everything he does so it will taste like his which is the best by far.

How's everybody doing???
Hope all goes well making the spaghetti sauce. Sounds yummy! The weather here is better it is 70 now, and suppose to reach 75 without heat indexes.

Jonathan

Have you ever tried to revive a recipe that you have lost and been forced to actually call on your culinary talents to make up the difference? That is basically what I am going to do either tonight or tomorrow night.

Rosemary Chicken. Basically, Chicken breast cut into 3/4 inch cubes sauteed in butter and olive oil until mostly done. Remove chicken from pan. Hopefully there will be some fond. Throw 1 or two crushed garlic cloves in there, mix it around, but before they turn brown, deglaze with half a glass of dry white wine. Then, add chicken stock and 1-2 tablespoons of chopped rosemary... boil down a bit, and then add cream. Boil down a little more, check for seasoning, Then add a pat of cold butter, whisking constantly. When it is the right consistency, add the chicken (and juices) back into the pan, mix and coat, and hope it comes out ok.

Garnish it with a whole Rosemary Sprig.

Pair it with Jasmine rice and sweet peas.

At least that is the plan.

Has anyone else here ever had the heartbreak of once having an AWESOME recipe but lost it?

Last edited:

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
Have you ever tried to revive a recipe that you have lost and been forced to actually call on your culinary talents to make up the difference? That is basically what I am going to do either tonight or tomorrow night.

Rosemary Chicken. Basically, Chicken breast cut into 3/4 inch cubes sauteed in butter and olive oil until mostly done. Remove chicken from pan. Hopefully there will be some fond. Throw 1 or two crushed garlic cloves in there, mix it around, but before they turn brow, deglaze with half a glass of dry white wine. Then, add chicken stock and 1-2 tablespoons of chopped rosemary... boil down a bit, and then add cream. Boil down a little more, check for seasoning, Then add a pat of cold butter, whisking constantly. When it is the right consistency, add the chicken (and juices) back into the pan, mix and coat, and hope it comes out ok.

Garnish it with a whole Rosemary Sprig.

Pair it with Jasmine rice and sweet peas.

At least that is the plan.

Has anyone else here ever had the heartbreak of once having an AWESOME recipe but lost it?
Ooh that sounds yummy!!! :)

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
Well here have already cooked spaghetti with tomato and mushroom sauce, then vegan burger and waffles ....now for the meat eaters (me and ds)...he is having cheeseburger and I'm doing nandos style peri peri chicken with my "mexicanish" rice which involves chucking loads of different things into a pan, white rice, chopped toms, mushroom, peppers, peas, rosemary, coriander, veg stock, "nosecco", seasoning and plenty of peri spice to mix in with everything ....I serve usually with a load of coleslaw or corn cob on the side .....

....then it's back to deciphering another bar of Vlatava by Smetana (just the main theme rather than the whole kerboodle!)

Jonathan

Pork chops, rice, salad, and Toll House cookies.
Just curious, do you bake your Toll House cookies from scratch/follow the directions on the back of a bag of chocolate chips? Or do you get the prepared dough? The former method, is better, but I have to give it to the men and women who created toll house cookie dough in the refrigerated section... it is still very good and far simpler.

Last edited:

Jonathan

Another no cook day …. too hot to cook... 100*…. so off to KFC we went and ordered their special of 4 piece meal deal.. 4 pieces of chicken, fries, 7 up, and coleslaw, for $8.89... not too bad a deal. Patsy inhales the chicken I break up for her...lol
I am SO ravenous for fast food. Gooey pizza hut Pizzas. Sloppy Taco bell Tacos. Chick-Fil-A.

But I can't bring myself to go there as long as Covid is still doing it's thing.

(And I never even thought I really liked fast food...)