Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

caligal

Last night was pot roast and we had cocoa with marshmallows for desert.

Tonight is either pizza or scrambled eggs and sausage.

anath

I Love the Lord
We're gonna have blackened catfish and baked potatoes
It's a mess but so so good :cookiemonster:

We don't have anything sweet in the house I bought a devil's food box cake mix and store bought German chocolate pecan and coconut frosting. So I may make cupcakes tonight.

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Susan would you be so kind as to tell me how to make your particular dish of blackened catfish? (In the Recipes Only thread if there is a specific recipe) Thanks, and if your recipe is the same as recipes easily accessible on the internet please don't go to the trouble of typing out the recipe just tell me and I'll look it up for myself. Thanks again dear heart! :hug

araj54

We don't have anything sweet in the house
Whadduya mean, you're there aren't you. :lol: :hug

I usually don't have sweets either, sooooo, because I often have a slice of bread
with my meal, I save a portion of the bread for last, then put a bit of peanut butter,
plus some honey or strawberry jam on it, and that works.
Or sometimes a cracker or two, okay, maybe three, :lol: with the same stuff on them.
At least that way I don't feel deprived.

iSong6:3

Susan would you be so kind as to tell me how to make your particular dish of blackened catfish? (In the Recipes Only thread if there is a specific recipe) Thanks, and if your recipe is the same as recipes easily accessible on the internet please don't go to the trouble of typing out the recipe just tell me and I'll look it up for myself. Thanks again dear heart! :hug
Yes please! I loves me some blackened catfish, but only have it at restaurants.

anath

I Love the Lord
:lol: You are waaaay too kind, Allen....there's nothing sweet about me.

Mary, Orley, we use Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning and a heavy cast iron skillet but you can find plenty of recipes online.

Ok we use Chef Paul's seasoning because he is the one who invented this but you can try other recipes of cajun seasoning since you probably don't have his products in your grocery stores.
We use our great big cast iron skillet and heat it up for about 10 minutes on high heat.
We sometimes use a little olive oil or butter but most of the time we just season the fish without oiling it. No oil in the skillet though, only a little on the fish, then we heavily season both sides on the fillet and place the fish in the pan until blackenened, then flip over and blacken the other side. It is so easy and quick but be sure and have a good ventilation system or else your house will be smoked up.

livin_in_the_Son

Whadduya mean, you're there aren't you. :lol: :hug

I usually don't have sweets either, sooooo, because I often have a slice of bread
with my meal, I save a portion of the bread for last, then put a bit of peanut butter,
plus some honey or strawberry jam on it, and that works.

Or sometimes a cracker or two, okay, maybe three, :lol: with the same stuff on them.
At least that way I don't feel deprived.
While I was in boot camp, sweets were always "secured", meaning we didn't get them even though they were offered. A few resourceful recruits came up with "rickie cake" It's a piece of bread, spread with butter, and then sprinkled generously with sugar. For the less adventurous, a good piece of fruit, and a pile of sugar it's almost as good as candy. Now I know what sugared plums really are!! :lol:

Tonight my mother decided to bless my children and me, and gave us enough money to go out to dinner. They have been so accommodating about what we have been eating lately without complaining. It's a real treat truly.

Thank You Lord for giving me such a generous earthly mother. Thank You also for providing her with the means to bless us.

ShilohRose

We had hamburgers and french fries tonight with brownies for dessert. I'm thinking about fixin' an angel food cake tomorrow.

livin_in_the_Son

Jayden, Stryder, and Reyna are having mac 'n cheese for dinner. Max is having grilled cheese. Our church is having a kid's candy night tonight at service, so candy for dessert!!

ShilohRose

I'm envious of your snow!

I ran a restaurant tonight-- I cooked spaghetti and sauce, manicotti, garlic bread, as well as pork chops and fixing fresh broccoli. There was something different for everyone who was eating tonight. :rolleyes I was too tired to consider dessert. We're getting ready to move in January, and I've been cleaning out my closet today. I had no idea I had so much stuff in there! DH said he'd been wondering if he needed to stage an intervention. . .

livin_in_the_Son

I'm envious of your snow!

I ran a restaurant tonight-- I cooked spaghetti and sauce, manicotti, garlic bread, as well as pork chops and fixing fresh broccoli. There was something different for everyone who was eating tonight. :rolleyes I was too tired to consider dessert. We're getting ready to move in January, and I've been cleaning out my closet today. I had no idea I had so much stuff in there! DH said he'd been wondering if he needed to stage an intervention. . .
Aww, sweet sister!! :hug I so know how that feels. With Max's texture issues and food anxiety, he almost always has to have something different than the rest of us. The times that my hubby and I eat something different from the kids, (like salmon, or chili) I end up making 3 different dinners. I don't mind doing it, because I love my family, but it makes me weary sometimes.

caligal

:heythere Last night was meatballs and Lipton noodles with extra mushrooms thrown in.

It will be fried eggs and bacon and toast. Desert will be jello with a sliced banana in it and whopped cream.:elmogrin

anath

I Love the Lord
Soup and BLT's without the LT's...so that means B between toast:lol:

The weather is so miserably muggy and when it's like this my head throbs and Mike's bones ache. Don't like the in-between weather....wish it would just go ahead and rain :eek:scar:

araj54

Susan, sorry about you and Mike's weather woes, I can relate. :nod

I must thank you and Sandy for your good humor, even tho you may not be trying to be funny.
My funny bone is easily tickled.
I had bacon, eggs and toast last night.
Tonite I'm going to make my first attempt at making ham salad,(inspiriation from my sister)
so hopefully it will be a sammich and a pickle or two, and maybe a salad....:idunno: