Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

athenasius

Well we have Pork Steaks, nice fatty streaky ones full of flavour. I'm baking those on foil for tonight with broccoli. I'm living on the edge! I LOVE broccoli, and I will eat a restrained and ladylike amount regardless of the fact that I would LOVE to eat the whole head myself. Hopefully my interior won't argue with my choices.

We WENT TO THE MALL! whoooo hooo, felt so wild and fun! Had to return some shoes I bought online (too big for once) and it was great to just pop in and visit my favourite salespeople, all of whom are wearing masks, but they aren't requiring customers to do that. Sorry for them, but you can see people's eyes crinkle up into a genuine smile at least. Couldn't hug them of course, but so good to see people I haven't seen since I started quarantining at the end of January to be ready for my surgery that was supposed to have happened in mid march, then mid April twice, then finally happened June 3.

notdecieved

Have 2 pieces of KFC we have to eat up for tonight and maybe some rice and a veggie.
The KFC still in the fridge.... went to my favorite sausage place… (Illichman's.) picked up some double smoked bacon, some European wieners and some metwurst, piece of liver sausage again and some pimento slices. Patsy and I had eaten 1 and 1/2 of the wieners before we got home. Then had me a bowl of green beans Japanese style... and rice cooked but not eaten yet... maybe a bowl full later with some cream, brown sugar and cinnamon and a few raisins.

Praying

Their one serious flaw is they don't have hamburgers on the menu :p
:lol I know, right? I love a good burger. The one place near me that made the best burger ever closed down last year, so now I just make them myself. It was an old antique store/bakery/burger place, - very rustic, (my kind of place) and always packed. I cried when they retired and closed down.
:mope

anath

I Love the Lord
Nuthin's better than a good burger

We are having chicken strips from scratch, mashed potatoes and green beans seasoned with bacon grease. When all the liquid has cooked down I add capful of vinegar. Then I turn the heat up and fry them, stirring a lot until a tad wilted and dry. That's how we do it in the South. Is this racist? It is definitely soul food or can I even say that?:cautious

kathymendel

Deb and I cheated yesterday and had a root beer float around 4:00. We weren't all that hungry at dinner time, so passed on the pasta and had only the bruschetta on toasted olive bread a little later in the evening. It was yummy and perfect. Guess we'll have the pasta tonight with some spinach salad.

athenasius

I made some coleslaw. Took a nap. Got up... no coleslaw...
THOSE PESKY MICE!!!!! I remember those days. After the kids launched the mice left too. Strange! :mousedance

We had leftovers. HAPPY CANADA DAY to the Canadians and anyone else who wants to join the fun.

It was a sleepy rainy day around here, but that means less pollen and no forest fires. YAY! George and I just didn't feel very motivated to do much today.

Praying

Nuthin's better than a good burger

We are having chicken strips from scratch, mashed potatoes and green beans seasoned with bacon grease. When all the liquid has cooked down I add capful of vinegar. Then I turn the heat up and fry them, stirring a lot until a tad wilted and dry. That's how we do it in the South. Is this racist? It is definitely soul food or can I even say that?:cautious
Those green beans sound amazing. I will have to try the vinegar in them.