Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

kathymendel

I"m so sorry, Ghoti, for all you are having to deal with. My prayers are with you.

We still have not decided what to have for dinner tonight.............. and, it's 6:30pm here. ?????

But, tomorrow our dearest friends, Max and Diane are coming for an outside backyard visit. The first human contact for any of the four of us in three months! We will sit apart at a safe distance and wear masks. They are bringing a few appetizers from their favorite restaurant to share, and we will provide, teriyaki chicken skewers, deviled eggs, fruit skewers, and a bowl of nuts ......... and beverages. We are so excited to see them!!!!!

notdecieved

I can't eat because I'm in so much pain I feel like throwing up. Mom has been tantrumy, belligerent, throwing stuff, screaming, etc. all day and she deliberately tipped her large chair over, so Dad and I had to pick her up :mad :mad :mad
That is so sad.... I can relate... our Mother towards the end after a major stroke and a session of many mini strokes kept going down hill and was also screaming, crying... and at the end didn't recognize my sister or myself... We had to put her in a care facility because, I just couldn't look after her any more. I was so sad to watch her deteriorate. My sympathies are with you Hon. Hugs

Tonight made me some home made French fries... cucumber and tiny tomatoes and some slices of ham that I baked in maple syrup... cooked the ham too long, a little on the tough side ... so Patsy is getting most of the ham... lol... tasty but tough...

Kem

Citizen
We will go to our oldest son and his wife's house about 1ish today and we will swim for about an hour or so followed by grilling sausage and hamburgers. She has made a number of side dishes also but not sure just what at this point. I am taking the rolls and a coconut pie. lol she knows I hate to cook but don't mind baking.

anath

I Love the Lord
Mike is at it again! At the moment he is making meatballs. I made the bread crumbs from the leftover French bread we had from
the po-boys Sat.

Lord Jesus go with GI today. Lord please lighten her heavy load, renew her strength, comfort her and her dad and give them peace in knowing they will get through this. In Jesus merciful and mighty Name we ask, Amen

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
No cooking today we will be picking up at Longhorn Steakhouse to bring home. We are both having a full slab of baby back ribs, salads, loaded baked potatoes, and a loaf of wheat bread. Their food is really delicious. Just thinking of those ribs are making my mouth water! Dessert is red, juicy, sweet watermelon.

Last edited:

antitox

It is 66 and been raining steadily all morning, so it is beef soup homemade. Also kinda cleans out all the leftover bits of roasts and juices plus some veggies out of the freezer. Making chocolate chip cookies this afternoon.
I'm in Dallas and it's raining steady. Temp says 67 over here. You must not be too far from this area. I really want my sunshine back.

chaser

We trust you Jesus, you are the only King forever!
Just got our internet back up, been down since last night, dinner today we had 1/2 lb Angus burgers cooked on charcoal/wood grill, with provolone and American cheese on buttered/grilled brioche buns, served ore Ida crinkle fries.

kathymendel

We had such a great visit with our friends................ except for the cement grinding going on next door for the whole time!!! Why would any neighbor have that done on a holiday when things just opened up enough for people to have friends over???????????? They've been working on a half-done backyard for over a year now. I swear, we've got the worse neighbors EVER!!!! They never think about anyone else around them.

We have enough leftovers from our lunch that I think we will just have a do-over for dinner...................

Kem

Citizen
I'm in Dallas and it's raining steady. Temp says 67 over here. You must not be too far from this area. I really want my sunshine back.
You have sent the rain over to us today! :( lol
Tonight will be left over stuff. Sausage, potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, and zucchini casserole. Little bit of each for both of us. Dh will have blackberry pie because I left the coconut pie with dil who loved it so much she said she could eat the whole pie. lol

chaser

We trust you Jesus, you are the only King forever!
You have sent the rain over to us today! :( lol
Same here, steady light rain , forecast for most of the day and tonight.

Going to cook a small 1/2 chicken breast and slice it length wise and make two sandwiches with provolone cheese ,homemade honey mustard and tomato, on grilled brioche buns, side of fries. Maybe some cottage cheese and sliced peaches for dessert.