Bon appetit? .... yum! What's on your menu?

livin_in_the_Son

We're going to have breaded chicken breast, biscuits, and some kind of veggies and fruit. (haven't decided yet) It's just me and the kids so nothing extravagant.

On the same topic, I saw a recipe for "chicken fried chicken"...why not just call it fried chicken? People will do anything to sound original. :hehheh

araj54

Yum is right. Just finished a batch of navy bean soup.
Making a pot of Al's Norwegian Chili today. :nod

3/4 pound smoked sausage (cut in small pieces)
½ small onion
2 garlic clove, minced
1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) chili beans, not drained
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
10 oz. Beef boullion (I mix my own from Orrington Farms granules)
1 tsp. Chili powder
1/3 tsp ground cumin
black pepper to taste
½ tsp garlic salt
Serve with shredded cheese if desired.

anath

I Love the Lord
Mike started a pot of spaghetti sauce late this morning. He waits for timeouts from the games( during the commercials) to walk in the kitchen to stir or to taste. I haven't checked but it looks ready to eat to me. Guess he's waiting on halftime :cookiemonster:

anath

I Love the Lord
That did it! Gotta have some pinto beans and cornbread. The weather people are calling for a 30% chance of some snow(flakes) Friday. A pot of beans will be great on a cold winter day.

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
We have so much ham left, sooooo.....

It will be ham, mac and cheese (homemade, baked in the oven), some kind of veggie, plus apples for dessert fried in butter, with brown sugar and water added and cooked down to pie filling consistency, but skipping the pie crust! Perhaps will serve a la mode with vanilla ice cream though. It is spring-like weather here in Tucson, after all! Not too cold for ice cream.

anath

I Love the Lord
Had a busy day bathing my 5 kitties. Gonna do something easy and fast....I'm thinking tacos

About my cats, 2 of them let me blow dry them. One is a deaf Turkish Angora who absolutely loves the nice warm air and another one who does hear, took her cues from the deaf cat and decided there was no harm in the dryer. Even tho the noise tends to make her a little nervous, she will sit still until she is dry. Ok back to topic...........