Blinken: Iran's 'breakout time' for nuclear weapons could shrink

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Blinken: Iran's 'breakout time' for nuclear weapons could shrink
Secretary of State warns that Iran is "galloping forward" with its nuclear program.
Elad Benari , Jun 08 , 2021
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken warned on Monday that if Iran continues to violate the 2015 nuclear deal, the “breakout time” it needs to amass enough fissile material for a single nuclear weapon will shrink to weeks. “It remains unclear whether Iran is willing and prepared to do what it needs to do come back into compliance,” Blinken told lawmakers, according to Reuters. “Meanwhile, its program is galloping forward. ... The longer this goes on, the more the breakout time gets down ... it’s now down, by public reports, to a few months at best. And if this continues, it will get down to a matter of weeks,” he added. The comments come as the US and Iran continue indirect talks in Vienna in April to see if both sides might agree to resume compliance with the 2015 accord.

more.............. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/307664

Free in Christ

Possibly weeks? This may get very interesting with new leadership in Israel. I wonder where the red line is now and what will be done about it?? I look forward to meeting all of you soon (i hope). A massive Israeli attack could prompt gog/magog - we will see.

MePlus6

Usually Iran is “six months away” from the bomb. Seeing an article refer to “weeks” is a bit alarming.

SkyRider

Usually Iran is “six months away” from the bomb. Seeing an article refer to “weeks” is a bit alarming.
Winking, Blinken and nod assent to the fact that Iran could be close. Weeks?? I don't know. I know that israel is actively trying to delay their capability by cyber attacks and taking out some of their scientists. I still remember those Boris Badenoff-like cartoon bomb depiction that Netanyahu presented years ago describing how close Iran was to acquiring nucleat capability in an effort to torpedo the Iran nuclear deal that “I,ve-got-your-back” Obama was about to unleash, and they still haven't reached that stage yet. They may. Maybe after the Rapture?? When the time of Jacob's Trouble begins? But there doesn't seem to be any indication of that happening in prophesied events, unless a limited nuke is used against Israel by Iran from the Damascus area to unfold the Isaiah 17 prpphesy, which could also lead up to the Ezekiel 38/39 campaign. Time will tell......