Bionic semen: ‘Spermbot’ could speed up slow swimmers for fertility revolution

Ben D

Somehow I don't think the Lord intended that the slower swimmers should be the ones to fertilize the egg..... Seems this world is now trying to subvert the perfect design of God..."it will be like in the days of Noah"?

Bionic semen: ‘Spermbot’ could speed up slow swimmers for fertility revolution

German scientists have developed a motorized device, branded a “spermbot,” which can deliver slow-swimming sperm to the long-desired egg. It could someday solve one of key causes of male infertility.

So, what is the device about? The researchers from the Institute for Integrative Nanosciences at IFW Dresden, Germany built a metal-fence hybrid micromotor, made of special polymer, which is tiny enough to fit around a spermatozoid’s tail.

The micromotor’s movements can be controlled by a rotating magnetic field, and the device could speed up the slow swimmers, and direct them at a faster speed towards the egg, according to the research published in the Nano Letters journal.

After the motors have driven the sperm to the egg safely, they would let go of the spermatozoid’s tail.

Initial tests of the device have turned out to be “a promising start,” according to Mariana Medina-Sainchez, Lukas Schwarz, Oliver Schmidt and their co-researchers.

Somehow I don't think the Lord intended that the slower swimmers should be the ones that fertilize the egg..... Seems this world is now trying to subvert the perfect design of God..."it will be like in the days of Noah"?

https://www.rt.com/news/329054-sper...tm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

63ProStreet

This was one of the problems when we were trying to get pregnant back in 95. I had slow swimmers so the doc put them at the door step and they knocked the door down. They said if we want to get pregnant in the future we would have to do the same procedure. Two years later #2 came along with no help from the docs, and 12 months after that #3 came along and we said, Hey! Wait a minute!:eek::D

Ben D

Didnt have any fast swimmers, thats why they implanted them the first time, why we got pregnant the second and third time without help? I dont know other than I can say the Lord helped us out. # 2 & 3 we call our "oops" babies!:biggrin2
Ok....I got you. I now understand what it means and I have misunderstood the devise's purpose...it is to help cases like yours'.

Sorry to have misunderstood but at least I am now not ignorant about the issue. Thank you 63ProStreet for your patience and also my best to you and your family...God bless.

63ProStreet

Ok....I got you. I now understand what it means and I have misunderstood the devise's purpose...it is to help cases like yours'.

Sorry to have misunderstood but at least I am now not ignorant about the issue. Thank you 63ProStreet for your patience and also my best to you and your family...God bless.
Sure thing Ben, glad we got that cleared up! And thank you!;)