Biden's executive order marks the government's initial foray into cryptocurrency

Lovin Jesus

The regulatory future of cryptocurrency looks uncertain in Washington, but there is growing acceptance that blockchain finance is here to stay.

President Joe Biden issued an executive order last week directing multiple agencies to study how the United States can be a leader in cryptocurrencies, assess the risks and benefits of the technology, and formulate a plan for the government to issue its own digital dollar. But lawmakers have sharp disagreements about how financial technology should be regulated.

The executive order instructs agencies to coordinate policy and points to "profound implications for the protection of consumers, investors and businesses, including data privacy and security; financial stability and systemic risk; crime; national security; the ability to exercise human rights; financial inclusion and equity; and energy demand and climate change."

Biden's order amounts to the most significant government study of cryptocurrencies and distributed ledger technology, spanning financial, national security, and environmental agencies. The order explains: "In November 2021, non‑state issued digital assets reached a combined market capitalization of $3 trillion, up from approximately $14 billion in early November 2016."

More
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...governments-initial-foray-into-cryptocurrency

Lovin Jesus

"The executive order instructs agencies to coordinate policy and points to "profound implications for the protection of consumers, investors and businesses, including data privacy and security; financial stability and systemic risk; crime; national security; the ability to exercise human rights; financial inclusion and equity; and energy demand and climate change."

Sounds to me like this executive order is using the transitioning into digital currency for the purposes mentioned in the cited quote above. The "block chain" feature will be able to track every transaction with detailed data of the person making that transaction. This makes clear how at the time of the beast system they will know who's buying and selling with a global Central bank system that has this block chain feature with digital transactions.

Kerbluey

You know, for a year or so now I’ve been seeing A LOT of finance/investing commercials aimed at kids, both teens and middle schoolers. I know it’s some agenda, but I couldn’t figure it out. I suspect the subject of this thread is somehow tied to it.