Biden’s Attitude Toward Israel: Another ‘Dog Bites Man’ Story

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Biden’s Attitude Toward Israel: Another ‘Dog Bites Man’ Story
By Tim Moore

I was recently contacted by a man who was upset by President Biden’s ambivalence toward Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Actually, the word “ambivalence” does not capture President Biden’s attitude toward Israel in general and Netanyahu in particular — he and his administration are openly disdainful!

Lest I sound blasé about the unbiblical attitude being manifest by the current American administration, let me make two points.

First, Biden’s antagonism toward Bibi is nothing new. Netanyahu’s own autobiography (Bibi: My Story) describes in great detail the callous and condescending contempt he was shown by Barak Obama and other American Democratic leaders time after time. While he was Vice President, Joe Biden refused to even participate when Netanyahu addressed a joint session of Congress, along with over 50 other Democrat legislators.

Second, the Biden administration’s attitude toward Israel and its Prime Minister is nothing new. Every liberal American administration (not just Obama, but Carter and Clinton before) was antagonistic toward Israel. Carter became so openly hostile that he wrote a book entitled Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid which was so left-leaning and one-sided that it was little more than a diatribe of propaganda.

I’m reminded of the old newspaper motto:

“Dog bites man” isn’t news because it happens every day. “Man bites dog,” we’ll print.

We cannot dismiss the attitude of our government, but surely we are not surprised. Leftist hatred for Israel is mounting and is only going to grow worse as the indoctrination of young minds with BDS (Boycott, Divest, and Sanction) and Antisemitic nonsense ramps up on American college campuses.

What we can do is:

1. Pray
2. Communicate with people we know and with our elected leaders at every level,
3. Hold elected officials accountable during elections, supporting only candidates who are committed to blessing Israel, and
4. Realize that the Bible tells us things will only grow worse.

In the end, every nation will come against Israel (Zechariah 12:3). Antisemitism will drive Jews around the world to flee to Israel, where many of them will be supernaturally protected when the Antichrist unleashes his “Final Solution.”

We certainly don’t have to like the inevitable trajectory God’s prophetic Word tells us the world is on. Instead, we can purpose to push back against the darkness, confident that every heart we impact is another victory for Jesus.

Someday soon, the Prince of Peace will reign from Mount Zion. Until then, let’s pray for the peace of Jerusalem — realizing that we are really praying, “Maranatha! Come quickly, Lord Jesus!”

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/bidens-attitude-toward-israel-another-dog-bites-man-story/

Back